Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Happy 2011 to All. I have been taking a 3 week sabbatical from CT but now I am back Guns Blazing!!

I have been a member over 2 years and can't believe how time flies. I still remember when guys were worried to death Chrysler was going under and the Challenger was a gone pecan. It's now 2011 and the Challenger is still around and the Chrysler Corporation in alive and well.

Now it's a new year and Wow what does it bring.
I started out street racing back in 1987 with 5.0 Mustang Gt. It didn't take me long before I had the motor out rear gears changed, roll cage and 2 guns of nitrous spraying the house down.

I was street racing with slicks and runners for money. I went 17-2 lost to a big block camaro that went easy 9.90's and a big block chevelle that went easy low 11's other than that I was a money winner. The talk was still I needed to prove more. The word was could I do it on the drag strip.

The only way to learn about what others were doing around the country was magazines. They didn't have internet so every month I would go to the newsstand and get the latest 5.0 mustang and Fast Fords mag or Hot Rod to see who was the man. They had all these stories about who was running fast but no one ever seen the cars do it, we all would read about this car in NJ running 9's.

So a guy in Louisiana decided to throw a race for all the so called who is the fastest to meet up and lets see who is the fastest. Ford Motor Company got involved and the date was set May of 1989 in Baton Rouge, La. Ford made 2 classes Pro and Street. Pro was unlimited power adder run what ya brung. Street Outlaw was slicks and street trim lights etc. I showed up and entered a class called Street Outlaw they had 50 cars on the property that day. The pro class had 25 cars.

The first pass was Nitrous Pete from New Jersey he went 9.97 and blew the drag racing world upside down that day. He had a Paxton SC with a 2 stage compucar nitrous set up. No one had ever been that fast on record. I was a nervous wreck with ice bags packed on my intake pushed my car to the starting line. I removed the ice bags and did my burn out. I seen all these magazine photographers knew its was time. I went 11.40 @ 117mph the fastest of the class. I had proved that my car deserved to be counted among the fastest at the event. Ford Motor company came up to me asked me to sign a wavier to release pictures. They told me they were putting my car on the cover of the Ford Performance Racing Catalog for 1990. I was never the same since that day.

Sorry for the long write up but I wanted to share my experience of how a car changes your life in a sense.
I have been racing on the NMRA and Fun Ford circuit since 1997. I have come a long way from the street racing scene in 1989.

Now lets get to business. I have been busy getting the Mustang ready for the upcoming 2011 season a lot of work still to be done before its ready to test. I will have a new driver this year along with a new tuner. I will be testing in 4 weeks so I will have a lot on my plate this coming year. I have no sponsor as of yet. Torco Race Fuel is helping some along with some small associate sponsors but it takes major funds to compete at a high level. Hopefully by April I will have a major on board.

I have seen some amazing builds in the last 2 years. We have all become use to the Big Drum Numbers, pump gas 600+rwhp cars running around. I have to give the 2010 build of the year award to "LOW LIFE" the 800rwhp stock engine, stock fuel pump all done with a magic keyboard and tricks Bill Gates would scratch his head. Just because you see pictures does that make it real? David Copperfield has pictures with video is that real also? It is what it is water under the bridge. I guess maybe I am a little out of touch with modern HP. I by passed the 10's, 9's and started out in the 8's and now low 7's so maybe I am just a little out of touch some lol.

I never claimed to have the fastest Challenger just a low 11 second street car. I have no plans for a Roll Cage so my limits are what the Drag Strip will allow me to run that day. I have formed a Hit List so I have a number of names on the list. I will be showing up at a couple events to line up with the names on the list. At that time they will have my time slip and can share with all. I have enjoyed my time on this forum, but I will leave it to the Duct Tape Mechanics and sit on the side lines and read.

Happy New Year 2011 !!

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Welcome back BW we are all glad you're back

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Wow BW!! Your a class act!! Slap me in the face then shake my hand? Looks like 11 will bring the same BW/BS from you. WHY you have it out for me i'll never know:scratchhead: Is it my 10 sec run thats pissing you off or the 184mph mile run? HAHAHA!! The motor was pulled to let other members know I was on the up and up, NOT YOU!! You blow so much BS at folks on CT then CRY when people attack you LMAO!! Being your a 2 year member, I thought you would help out CT more with ALL the knowledge you have but continue to sling BW/BS any chance you get. KEYBOARD RACER FOR 2011!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! LMAO!!!

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Welcome back, brother! Looking forward to seeing you in H-town again and what you come up with for the Swampmonster.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Off to another great year,LOL Hope the vacation was good, lots of new cars and HP wars to start the New Year.
Tout

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I've missed ya George. Glad to see you're back. Let me know if you race that Mustang anywhere near Tennessee so I can show up and watch!

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LL I have nothing against you or any one on this forum. I do try to help as many that ask, so not sure where you going with that. I wish you well with your quest for 200mph in the mile and 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I hope we see 10 6 speeds in the 11 second club this year. I think the ground is broken for the 10 second club so watch out. I do have a cheat sheet I will share with all:
500 rwhp = 11's
600 rwhp = 10's

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
LL I have nothing against you or any one on this forum. I do try to help as many that ask, so not sure where you going with that. I wish you well with your quest for 200mph in the mile and 9 seconds in the 1/4 mile. I hope we see 10 6 speeds in the 11 second club this year. I think the ground is broken for the 10 second club so watch out. I do have a cheat sheet I will share with all:
500 rwhp = 11's
600 rwhp = 10's
YOU DON'T?? LOL! Every other post has LL's stock motor etc.. in it:scratchhead: Thanks for the 200mph support. I'm sure we will have about five 9 sec cars and ten or more low to mid 10 sec cars this year. My focus is the standing mile and road race events:thumbsup: HAPPY NEW YEARS:guiness:

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Nice wright up George, I to started out as a Ford guy. My first Hot Rod was 1976 Ford F150 It had the FE block in it. Started out with a 390 that didn't meet my needs and I blew it up LOL I was only 17. I found a 428 CJ that was out of a Mustang in North West Montana. Went up and got it and with the help of my brother in law rebuilt it. That was a cool ride for a teenager.
I then got married and sold the pickup but bough a 1988 Mustang GT 225 hp LOL thought it was so dam fast and it was for the time I guess. Kept it for several years but sold it also. Didn't have another sports car till this year. All of us here do share the love of cars and making them our own and more than they were yesterday. Dam glad to have you back Happy 2011.
Frigin He11 can you believe it's 2011???

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Welcome back George. It's great you type like you talk. Hope 2011 brings you the best !

·
Banned
484 Posts
Hope u have an awsome year BW, sounds like once u get a sponsor u are good to go. Cant wait to see Swampmonster go down the track a couple times this year.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
guns blazing very nice of you to share with all how far you have come George. I am honored to have you in my corner this coming week and as always enjoy our conversations and to get together to toss down a couple of cold ones...
Welcome back brother and Happy New Year!!!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts