Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Are you up for the Mopar Euro Nationals?

• Awww hell no!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I went along to the Mopar European nationals last year and had a really great time, not only do you get to mix (and get drunk) with fellow members of the Mopar brotherhood in a high octane fuelled environment, but it is also a great opportunity for us to show off our modern Mopars and show what they can do on the strip.

Last year there was all the old school muscle under the sun, on the 1/4 mile, on show, or up for the burnout contests, yet out of the new generation there was only one Challenger SRT8, two R/Ts (both of us British soldiers based in Germany) and one Charger.I was quite surprised to not see any of you guys there to be honest.

I know there are quite a few guys not only out here in Germany but all over europe (military and civilian) with some fantastic Challengers; i'm quite keen to meet up with whoever wants to do the weekend and we could drive across to England together, lets show the old boys how we do it.

I should be deploying back to Afghanistan in Sept (if i'm fixed in time) and this will be my last meet before i go, so i will be going regardless; i know some of you Kaiserslautern boys must be getting bored down south and feel like a road trip:bigthumb:.

If anyone is up for it then post up and we can sort something out; i have attached the poster with the details and if you want more info or tickets go to www.mopareuronats.com

Laters :pimp:

Daz

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's some pics from last year

Attachments

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh and a few more :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
i have to check news here more often :p....
Last year I didnt got the chance to go there, but not this time ... :D
I can take holiday at the time. So now, official, count me in !
My Challenger looks forward a nice roadtrip!
I think i want to go up at Thursday / arriving at thursday, do you have any plans? do we go together or meet up up there? I dont know if i go alone, nor where i stay. A hotel near Kettering wouldnt be to bad (sorry no camping for me ;)
I will stay there till monday. After that i dont know if i leave immediately or if i drive around in Great Britain for some days.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response LB; its great to know that somebody out there is interested in what will be a great weekend.

Im probably going to travel accross on the thursday but i have to make an overnight stop in Cardiff to see some family so we would part ways at Dover, as id then drive up to santa pod for the friday morning (gate opens about 11am i think); im sticking with the tent so i dont have far to stagger back after a few beers in the evenings :guiness::sleep: hahaha!

As for travelling over; id definitely be up for that we would have to find a meet up point along the route which is on the way for both of us, if you want i will look into hotels in the area of Santa Pod.

Things normally finish up with the show and shine competition on the sunday(bring your wax), where there is normally trophies up for grabs for the best in the class, they should have a Modern Mopars class this year as i sulked last year after putting my car on show and being told they were just judging the oldies:disgust:.

After it finishes up id have to head back to Cardiff for a day or so (family stuff), then we could meet back up and drive back together.

I would normally come for a bit of a cruise around England with you but im off to Afghanistan in Oct so need to sort a few things out.

Also if you want to run the 1/4 mile its £25 a day for unlimited runs; you will need a helmet, driving license and long sleeves.

Daz :thumbsup:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey Daz,

our meet up could be in Essen. I have to go up there, and i think it would be on your way too. How long do it normally take to go to Cardiff from your place?`Iam thinking about going to Cardiff too, spend my time till you solved your family things, and we can go the last way on friday together. ( first time in England with driving on the other side, wouldnt be to bad with a native driver :D )
The point with the Beer at night... arrrgh.... perhaps i stay one night with a tent, the other for recovery ;)
I think i decide it short-dated if i stay longer in England, or if we go back together.
At the moment i try to organize a helmet for me :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LB, Essen is fine by me!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Let me see if I can get the wife to let me go with or with out her. I'll get back to you.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good call B, I know it's a ***** of a drive from Kaiserslautern/Rammstein (I drive down from Paderborn where im based regularly to shop at the PX) it would be awesome to get as many of us together and link up for the Weekend at Santa pod.

Well I do hope the boss let's you come along!

Daz

·
Registered
68 Posts
DOes anyone know, if the helmet you need, needs to be a FIA checked helmet? one with the Snell2005/2010 Test?
For only one day of use, 230 Euro for the cheapest Jet Helmet i found (Bell Mag 1) is not to easy to spend i think.
I hope you can manage it to join Bfrost ;)

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LB, Im not too sure, if you check out the mopar euro nats site there may be more info there or at least contact details.

Hope this helps

Daz

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sounds like a great time. Wish I could make that trip with you guys. It may take some (a lot of sweet talk to the Misses) but I am sure that the leash doesnt reach that far.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
See this is why im getting divorced :boohoo:

Well i do hope you can make it bro as its going to be a great weekend and id love us new mopar guys to show the old boys that its not all about them hahaha!

Daz

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I didn't know about this last year either! I DEFINITELY would have and want to go this year. Funny thing is, I had plans to drive to London AND Cardiff this year anyway! (Best m8 is in London, Doctor WHO museum and Torchwood HQ in Cardiff)

Crappy thing is, I may miss it this year. I am out the door at the moment and not sure if I will be back in time. Potential good news is - I am pulling the trigger on a Vortech V3 - Whether I will be back in time to install it is another story.

Either way, if I am back in time I am going. Supercharger or not. I should know something more solid early July.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet move on the SC Ski; im looking at the Edelbrock E Force when i get back from Afghan next year, well let me know when you are heading to Cardiff as thats my Hometown and i travel back there regularly from Germany to see my kids.

Also it would be great if you can make it to the Euro Nats, last year really was a good laugh; i was feeling the pain though being one of three modern mopars at the show, hopefuly this year things will be a bit more different :guiness::ladysman::wiggle: heh heh!

Daz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts