Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone compared the nighttime color of the gauges of the 2011 models to the older models? I've heard that it is a deeper blue than before and I hope this is true. I just rented a 2010 Charger and the gauges are a very pale blue color and don't look very good, imo. I'm guessing that the Charger uses the same colors as the Challenger. A deeper blue color would look so cool.

p.s. I rented the Charger because my Lincoln got rear ended. This is the same car that's supposed to get traded for my new Challenger arriving in about 2 weeks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hmmmm - I actually like both. Maybe a slight edge goes to the darker blue if pressed. I like the darker color better, but I like the 2010 gauges themselves better.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I prefer the 2011 blue.

Have always wanted to see light up needles.
When Chrysler called me to ask any suggestions about the car, that was one thing that I mentioned to them.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I prefer the 2011 blue.

Have always wanted to see light up needles.
When Chrysler called me to ask any suggestions about the car, that was one thing that I mentioned to them.
....I agree with the part about the needles. They should have been illuminated. As for the gauge color, I prefer the 2010 dimmed.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Oh God, I better "trade in" my '10!

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Blue looks pretty good too on the 2011 but I usually dim mine anyway so it wouldn't matter much.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Don't forget that in official Dodge propaganda photos the gauges have ALWAYS appeared blue when they are ALWAYS more green.

Those pictures you posted are a Dodge official 2011 photo versus a "real-world" 2010 which isn't fair. I'm willin to bet that the 2011's are just as green as the 2010's.

Here's a Dodge picture of the 2008 SRT8 to show you what I mean:

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
516 Posts
19jo....don't trade it in I'll trade a 1970 plymouth big block barracuda for it.......any thoughts?????

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 2010 R/T Classic's gauges are green at night.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i thought my 2011 was green.

the auto headlights/dash lights go on about 15-30 mins too late and the dash isnt very bright...i thought it was a defect at first

i find it very strange that the needle doesnt light up...it looks like its missing something at night

1 - 14 of 14 Posts