Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I did not know you could get a 5yr 100k warranty on an SRT. Do you still have to pay the gas guzzler tax on the 392?

Scot

·
Registered
532 Posts
Gas guzzler tax... YES sure do

·
Registered
76 Posts
2800 off MSRP =

621 under invoice =

$656 or $678 over dealer cost depending on which number for dealer hold back you believe.

So what deal did you get or are you seeing available Cudatom73?

My current agreement is only for an additional $129 bigger discount than this deal.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not a very good price. Thats more than my GWE SRT I ordered. Quite a bit more.
So, you purchased a 392 with that level of equipment for "quite a bit less" than this price?

·
Registered
411 Posts
That car is at Steve White Dodge near Hickory NC. I cant comment on the price since I am not in the market but will say they are good people to deal with.

When I bought the R/T and everyone local was still on the 5k mark up kick they quoted me invoice less 1/2 hold back and quoted me 1k more for my trade than anyone else did. And after we settled on price I got a Viper Club 1k rebate and they rewrote my deal to include that as well. Drove 300 miles to get the car and the transaction was flawless.

They will generally quote you an internet price of invoice less 1/2 hold back on any car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ok heres the deal, GWE, auto, all avail options less sunroof, upgrade rims(now remember GWE option is $1495 and sunroof is only $995 plus TO paint at $295 and upgrade rims at $250 so I'll call that a wash the differences are w/in $45), ordered for $44,500( list $48,745). Now $1400 may not be much to some but thats a lot to me. I have not seen any dealers asking over invoice in my area. I'm fairly lucky in that I have 10 Dodge dealers w/in 50 miles. The dealer I ordered form is a small rural dealer. My family has been buying cars, trucks, vans you name it from them for close to 30 yrs. They get our service when needed even though there is another dealer 5 miles closer. Sometimes you can still find a dealership that values their customers. The dealer may not make a killing on the cars they sell but they get service wk in return which is where their bread and buter is.
Now don't get me wrong the deal listed is not terrible by any means, I know every part of the country is a little different and dealerships in different areas look at SRT pricing differntly. Hope I didn't offend anyone w/my post.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
you may have saved $4k+ on your car but whoever buys that orange one will have it this week...you may not get yours until the 2012's come out

you saved $1,400, but lost 4 months of drive time that you wont ever get back....spring is here and the Challengers are out of storage and on the road

you got an awesome deal....if you can get invoice on a 2011 i think anyone would be happy

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree w/many of your points huggytree and to be honest TO was my 1st choice. The GWE was the color my youngest son liked best. The reason I ordered the color and will wait patiently for it to be built is that my son passed away in Febuary and this car is more of a tribute to him than anything else. I would have paid whatever a dealer was asking to get this color. But luckily we have a great realationship w/the one we shop at.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Wow man I could not even begin to imagine, my condolences.

I am also waiting for my GWE Classic. Hopefully they will announce the 2012 colors soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts