Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping I'm not the only one with problems. I ordered an SRT8 in November and found out the other day that media center 730N after my car was built so I have 430N. My dealer believes that there is an automatic upgrade to the voice control 730N.
I ordered my car with Dual Gray Center stripes, and it had said that on my configuration preview. I got my priced order confirmation today and it has a stripe delete on it.
I'm thinking of not taking the car and re-ordering it if the car has both the problems.
Anybody else having any problems?

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
I'm hoping I'm not the only one with problems. I ordered an SRT8 in November and found out the other day that media center 730N after my car was built so I have 430N. My dealer believes that there is an automatic upgrade to the voice control 730N.
The only "upgrade" coming for the 430N (base nav radio) is for Sirius Traffic. The new 730N (premium nav radio) is an entirely different radio. There is no "automatic" upgrade available that would replace your 430N with the 730N.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info RS.
Anybody else have a striping problems?
I'm definitely going to have to reorder as soon as this car comes in. I'm not settling for their mistakes, not at this price anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same issues with the media center. I have an IE on order and they were being produced mostly in Nov-Dec. from what Dodge has told me. Now the 730n comes out in Jan. after my car has already gone through the assembly line. That's a bunch of BS if you ask me. I wonder if there is some kind of upgrade without having to replace the whole unit. Get all of your options straight and THEN build the car!!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
how is it going

Thanks for the info RS.
Anybody else have a striping problems?
I'm definitely going to have to reorder as soon as this car comes in. I'm not settling for their mistakes, not at this price anyway.

Hey 70challengerrt, I see that your last post was 1/15/11. How is your second car order doing? Any problems there?

Just trying to wait patiently in the corner for my ordered car...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey 70challengerrt, I see that your last post was 1/15/11. How is your second car order doing? Any problems there?

Just trying to wait patiently in the corner for my ordered car...:bigthumb:
Trying to be patient here.... :cursin:

The second order is the one I ordered right after yours. STILL in D, getting a little annoyed at this point. How about you?
Here's my link if you're interested in comparing the both of ours'. :cheers:
http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=2B3CJ7DJ1BH540995&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump. You still around Cuda?

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Yeah, still waiting and still in D status.

Just tapping my foot and trying to be patient.

I will be a little happier when my car shows up on the tracking site.

Bump. You still around Cuda?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, still waiting and still in D status.

Just tapping my foot and trying to be patient.

I will be a little happier when my car shows up on the tracking site.
Well shoot me a PM when yours shows up on the radar, I'll do the same when I get the hell outta D. It's so annoying because people that order 2 weeks ago are already in D1 and we're in over a month. :scratchhead:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
I will let you know when I get to D1. I woud post my tracking but I am surfing the web on my cell phone from work. My web is monitored at for "work related only" sites. I can not manipulate browser addresses on my phone like I could on a regular computer. If you want to check mime from time to time, my VIN is: 2B3Cj71BH540897. Or post me my link so I can check it away from home.

Well shoot me a PM when yours shows up on the radar, I'll do the same when I get the hell outta D. It's so annoying because people that order 2 weeks ago are already in D1 and we're in over a month. :scratchhead:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I will let you know when I get to D1. I woud post my tracking but I am surfing the web on my cell phone from work. My web is monitored at for "work related only" sites. I can not manipulate browser addresses on my phone like I could on a regular computer. If you want to check mime from time to time, my VIN is: 2B3Cj71BH540897. Or post me my link so I can check it away from home.
Mine isn't monitored, but they try to block unproductive sites. Guess I'm the only person that uses this site otherwise it would've been blocked long ago. Here's your link. http://insightnl.extra.chrysler.com/inl_dealer/INLRouter.jas?INPUT_ACTION_NAME=com/uprr/app/inl/action/DealerVehicleTraceAction&INPUT_DEALER_CODE=19342&INPUT_TRACEABLES=2B3CJ7DJ1BH540897&INPUT_SEARCH_BY=VIN

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just thought I'd let you know that I'm thinking of ordering again. I'm going to call my dealer and see if I can get my deposit tomorrow. I emailed Bob Frederick today and he assured me that he could get mine delivered by March 30 (my bday). I'm excited as hell to work with the legend! I'll let you know how it goes. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Ok. Good luck on the third order. I am sure Bob will treat you right.

Just thought I'd let you know that I'm thinking of ordering again. I'm going to call my dealer and see if I can get my deposit tomorrow. I emailed Bob Frederick today and he assured me that he could get mine delivered by March 30 (my bday). I'm excited as hell to work with the legend! I'll let you know how it goes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tracking?

I had no idea you could track the progress of your vehicle. I clicked on the link but couldn't pull anything up. What's the trick? Do you have to have a certain account? How does it all work?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
4 Posts
70challengerrt,

Thanks a bunch man! The link worked and it's on a train headed my way. I should take reciept on Sunday! can't wait!!!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck with it. I'm assuming it's an IE?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm just curious........shouldn't this thread be in the new 2011/6.4 section? Again, just curious. I'm not trying to be a jerk but there is a specific thread for everything 2011-?/6.4L. I have a 2010 which fits in the 2008-2010/6.1L catagory and am interested in only information pertaining to those years and that setup. It seems that there a quite a few threads that are still getting added to this section that should be in the correct 2011 SRT section. Is there something I'm missing here?
Thanks,
-Russ

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
out of our control

When this thread was started, there was only one SRT topic thread. When it split into the two 6.1 and 6.4, this thread ended up in the 6.1 group. It took me a little while to find it at first. I was looking for it in with the 6.4 stuff. I guess talk to the guys in charge. They put it here.

Hey guys,
I'm just curious........shouldn't this thread be in the new 2011/6.4 section? Again, just curious. I'm not trying to be a jerk but there is a specific thread for everything 2011-?/6.4L. I have a 2010 which fits in the 2008-2010/6.1L catagory and am interested in only information pertaining to those years and that setup. It seems that there a quite a few threads that are still getting added to this section that should be in the correct 2011 SRT section. Is there something I'm missing here?
Thanks,
-Russ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts