Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok so apparently the previous owner of my challenger didn't like to be gentle with the passenger seat when sliding it forward or back. They managed to destroy the plastic housing for the bearings in the seat tracks. When looking to replace the tracks, to my surprise, the whole assembly is one part that has to be replaced. I'm looking at buying it from FactoryMopar.com for $314.72 (before tax/shipping). Does anyone know any other place that might be a bit cheaper? I've had no luck with ebay. :pillepalle:

Edit:

Here is a link to the price page, which also has a diagram in case I am being unclear on which part is messed up. http://www.factorymopar.com/?i=2&ma...ction=126&catid=30185&subcatid=30824&fl_id=57

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Auto scrapyard would be my first place to check, but they may want to sell you the whole seat?
Can the broken plastic piece be repaired with epoxy or something?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was pretty mangled. Not sure any sort of repair could be made. I was surprised to see that there was such a flimsy piece in the tracks. I ended up ordering from factory mopar. I've checked local junkyards, etc, but none of them had challenger parts (the pains or driving an "elite" car).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts