Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for this subject but didn't find anybody with this particular problem.

Had my 2011 SE for a little less than 2 years now... 23k miles... a few weeks ago I tried to slide the passenger seat forward (manual) so somebody could get in the back... the seat would barely move... I kept trying to move it forward with both the front under-latch and the latch under the head rest... it was very difficult to get it to slide forward... and once it was forward very difficult to get it to slide back. Then while it was forward I notice several... maybe 9 or10... tiny stubby needle bearings on the carpet... obviously something broke.

Now the seat moves forward nice and easy... only problem is it will only intermittently lock into place... when you jump on the brakes the seat will slide forward a couple notches on it's own... while at the same time the seatbelt stays snug resulting in the passenger getting wedged in between the seat which wants to move forward and the belts which won't budge. This seems like a safety issue.

I've probably only had somebody in the back seat 35 or 40 times in all that time... so it's not like my passenger seat gets overused.

Anybody else have a similar issue? And do I have any reason to think Dodge will fix this for me for free?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,019 Posts
Pretty much bumper to bumper 3 years/36000 miles.

Reactions: Kowalksi
1 - 2 of 2 Posts