Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so Motortrend did a test drive on the 2011 R/T manual, which they indicated the improvements that were made and how much better the car is vs the 2009-2010 model. Have anyone found any article were they test the 2011 automatic model?

With the improvements that were made, I would like to know how it compares to the previous years and if it just or faster then the 6-manual.

Also, if any of you have taken your 2011 to the track, how was the performance? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Automatics are quicker, at least in a drag race. Besides being easier to launch and faster shifts, the 6-speeds pull a lot of timing during the shifts. That being said they are both fast cars on a good track with an experienced driver and in good air. The best times I have seen for 100% stock 6-speeds is 13.4 vs. 13.1 for 100% stock automatics.

I haven't come across any major magazines' review of an R/T auto, but then I haven't been looking for such an article either.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Dodge modified the suspension some, but the engine hasnt changed.

When the magazines first tested the Challenger it was rated in the high 5's 0-60 where as the Mustang and Camaro low 5's, or high 4's. This was one of the reasons they rated the Challenger so low. Now that they have re-tested it and got an accurate 5.2 0-60 its getting better reviews, and the fact they realized the camaro is hard to see out of.

I speculate part of this has to do with the fact its now properly rated 5.2 0-60, and partially with the new srt-8 making nearly 500hp its now slightly faster than the mustang GT and Camaro SS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts