Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dad and I took our cars to Rockingham Dragway on Saturday for test and tune. My car is a 2011 R/T Classic six speed. The only modification is Flowmasters and resonator delete. The car is running 255 Goodyear RSA’s. First pass I cut a .010 light with a 2.12 60 foot. The car ran a best ever 13.500 at 104 mph. Pretty consistent for the next three runs. Let the car cool off for a few minutes and laid down a 13.452 at 104. Previously, the best it has ever run was a 13.86. That time was made on the factory Firestone tires that came on some R/T’s. It was nice and cool on Saturday, which helps. But, I’d say we were probably running into about a 5 to 10 mile an hour steady headwind. Has anyone ever made a pass like this in an R/T six speed on street tires? With almost no modifications? I am so stoked.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats definitely a good time.
I have a '14 auto and got just under 13.8
What altitude was this at?
Thanks. Rockingham Dragway is in Rockingham, NC. It sits at 426.5 ft. We occasionally run at Darlington (187 ft.) as well. It is certainly nice to get to run at these low alt tracks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know it. I didn’t even employee any of the tricks. Tire pressures were normal, backseat and floor mats in place. Spare tire in the trunk. Old girl was rolling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts