Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
It looks like the air box is larger, the coolant recovery jug is different, and it has electric pwr steering.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Ralph Gilles said in a video that they added some intake sound to the car. and the other stuff Lonestar said is accurate as well

·
Registered
65 Posts
The air box is definitely new. Haven't received an r/t challenger yet, but the 2011 charger 5.7 has a different air box and filter. The challengers look the same as the charger

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
i wonder if that tube will fit an 09-10 R/T?....

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The bottom of the air box filter now seals to fender air hole, which is also bigger too. In the fender, they also separated the air gap from the engine block with more plastic.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
The 2011 sounds and feels better than the 10's. I drove one yesterday. The steering is killer, handles good and yeah, the intake is a bit louder. LOL

·
Registered
402 Posts
The 2011 sounds and feels better than the 10's. I drove one yesterday. The steering is killer, handles good and yeah, the intake is a bit louder. LOL
Good to know. Did the car you test drive have STP?

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
The 2011 Handling puts the 2009-2010 R/t's to shame...In fact, it puts the 2008-2010 SRT to shame as well!! MotorTrend did a first Drive with the 2011 R/T, and its Figure 8 time and G's were identical to a 2009 SRT. Almost a full second faster than the 2010 R/T

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
The bottom of the air box filter now seals to fender air hole, which is also bigger too. In the fender, they also separated the air gap from the engine block with more plastic.
i responded to your other post about the new intake in the "General" forum too...

about how much bigger would you say the opening is now?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
They could have just used the Charger tube.

Did you notice the post on the ground cable for jump starting?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts