Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading a lot of different information about the stock airbox being different on the 2011 R/T than on previous years.
What are you thoughts about the Mopar CAI, any performance gain or loss? Has anyone installed this on a 2011 yet?

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
There is a box attached on the left side of the stock intake. There is nothing about it in the installation instructions. Could really use some help. Has anyone installed one of these on a 11???

·
Account Disabled by User
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was finally able to get a hold of mopar. They are currently producing a new cold air for the 2011 challenger R/T. Part number is 77070044. Should be available for sale in a few weeks.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I have the Cervini shaker scoop and hood. I had the stock RT intake tube but I switched it out and put on a SRT intake tube.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a regular SRT aftermarket on my 2011 R/T. the factory airbox is different. the box itself is longer and has a larger filter element because we don't have the power steering tank. we have electric assist power steering. the factory intake tube also has a silencer box/expansion chamber built into it. to reduce noise and to reduce intake spike at the 90 degree bend before the throttle body. a regular CAI went straight on just like my 2010.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I am waiting for the new CAIs to come out and the new cat-backs for the 2011s. It is torture having to wait for products to catch up.... :*(

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I replaced the stock silencer tube with one from an SRT8. Bolted right up and sensor went on with no issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts