Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if you can configure a custom PID in something like TorquePro to measure individual TPM sensor data on a 2011 R/T? I've seen some generic PIDs for tire pressures elsewhere online, but those don't seem to work. I also have a OBDLink MX+ as the scanner.

The TPM warning light keeps going on and off in my 2011 R/T despite my physical gauge reading normal (~36 psi), so it's very likely that the sensor batteries succumbed to age and Texas heat. I took it to an NTB and they used a dedicated tool that had both radio scanning for the individual sensors and OBDII. The guy couldn't read the Right Front sensor via radio, but when he plugged his tool to my OBDII he could see all four (with the RF sensor reading a very incorrect 3 psi). If he could read OBDII TPMS data with his tool, then is there a way to get that data via a Bluetooth scanner and an app (like the ones I have)?

I'm mostly asking because I want to make sure that it was just the RF tire sensor that has gone bad and not more before I start buying replacement sensors. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
10,123 Posts
The app you are using to access the data coming from the ODBII adapter likely only reads PCM data, whereas the TPMS data would be coming from the BCM, FCM, or its own controller module on the CAN-BUS.

In order for you to read the TPMS data, I think you will need a separate app (or upgrade for current app) that can parse that data from the ODBII data stream.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The app you are using to access the data coming from the ODBII adapter likely only reads PCM data, whereas the TPMS data would be coming from the BCM, FCM, or its own controller module on the CAN-BUS.

In order for you to read the TPMS data, I think you will need a separate app (or upgrade for current app) that can parse that data from the ODBII data stream.
Ah that makes sense. The values being read did seem to only be engine/throttle/etc. type information. I can't find any reliable source for the layout of the CAN-Bus for a Challenger, so I'm not entirely sure what module the TPMS data would come from. I did find this image, but I'm not sure if it's correct:

Do you have any suggestions for phone apps that do have access to the TPMS data?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts