Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a hard time figuring out which solo system is right for me. Is there a simplified guide? I am waiting for my '11 GWE R/T to be built and delivered. I want a deep sound and no highway drone.

Thank you.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
I am having a hard time figuring out which solo system is right for me. Is there a simplified guide? I am waiting for my '11 GWE R/T to be built and delivered. I want a deep sound and no highway drone.

Thank you.
Hello and thanks for the message!

Our Mach XR/T kit fits and performsn perfectly on the 2011 Challenger R/T. You can see it in our vendor section with pictures and videos, as well as pricing. Feel free to call me anytime with questions or to order at 516-655-9002. The kit comes with our quad round tips, or can be ordered to reuse the stock tips:)

Steve

·
Vendor
974 Posts
how long on the cats?
The R/T cats are being fitted and tested. The SRT-8 cats are almost complete and will be on group buy soon:) HF cats take a lot of research and development to get right. We are able to keep the CEL off while still offering a quality product because of the time we put into the R&D. Thanks for the patience!

Steve

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered Mach XR/T cat back kit and supplemented it with JBA shorty headers and MagnaFlow high flow cats. I woulda' bought Solo for the other parts if they were available though!

once installed I will try to post a sound clip or video. Another 6+ weeks until my GWE RT arrives though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SO I have had my solo cat backs installed for 1200 miles.

I must say that the initial 500 miles I was very worried. I took delivery of my car in Omaha and then drove 600 miles to Denver where I live. There was IMMENSE highway drone. I thought I had made a real mistake by swapping out the OEM exhaust -- the drone was nearly deafening. However the more that the car ran the better it got. I had heard of the break in period people talked about with exhaust but didn't think it would be as noticeable as it was. Literally a night and day difference.

My friends and family outside of the car tell me it sounds deep and really good - but otherwise to me I don't really notice it from inside the cab unless I have the windows down and am going from 0-60 ASAP.

Anyway I am happy to have made the swap not only for the details above but because of the weight difference from the OEM system. Thanks for the great product Solo.

·
Vendor
974 Posts
Any time...we are so excited that you are happy! The break-in period is so important and that carbon build up inside the pipes makes a huge difference. That is why we test it for at least 1000 miles on multiple cars and then get feedback:) Welcome to the SOLO family!!

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts