Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is new or not, but yesterday I tossed my briefcase into the trunk and closed it. A few seconds later the trunk popped open on its own. I closed it a 2nd time... same thing happened. Being the rather slow witted person I am, I tried it a 3rd time... same result.

That's when I realized that I had left my keys (including the FOBIK) in my briefcase.

I guess my car is smarter than I am and won't allow me to lock my keys in the trunk.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
yup lol safety

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Read through the manual. There's all kinds of surprises.
I can't do that just yet as the disc version of my manual triggers a "WARNING- TROJAN FOUND" from the anti virus software on my computer. I've also NOT received the printed copy of the manual that I requested in writing from the dealership.

I'll try calling the dealership later today.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
I can't do that just yet as the disc version of my manual triggers a "WARNING- TROJAN FOUND" from the anti virus software on my computer. I've also NOT received the printed copy of the manual that I requested in writing from the dealership.

I'll try calling the dealership later today.
It doesn't have everything in it, but you will find more surprises.

Posted from a mobile device. Please forgive brevity and occasional typos.

·
Banned
2,271 Posts
Not true with thE 09's. It will let you. It happened at Sebring to me. $35.00 and 30 seconds for a slim Jim:( it's amazing how easy it was :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same thing happens if you leave the fob inside the car and lock the door. The horn honks three times and the door unlocks. If, by chance, you intend to lock the keys in the trunk, (I was at the beach and had one set in my wife's purse and the second set on me) then after the third time the doors WILL lock and the trunk WILL stay closed. As if the Challenger is saying, "Ok, I warned you."

·
Premium Member
6,488 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts