Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the RBZ model 430 radio. Car was built March 2011. Radio manufacture date 12/2010

When I put a CD in the unit, the little gracenote icon comes on, then as it goes off, a small picture of the CD Cover shows - kind of neat. I can press that same button and copy the CD to the radio's hard drive - and the graphic goes along with it showing up when I play music on the hard drive that came from my CDs originally.

Problem: After I copy 8 to 10 CDs to the hard drive, the radio starts putting a blank music note picture instead of the CD Cover. I think this is a generic in place of the CD Cover picture. Once I see one CD with this generic picture, all the rest of them that I put in the CD player or copy show this generic picture - one after another after another. I have erased the entire hard drive contents then started over using the same CDs that would not show the CD Cover picture and suddenly they do show it - until I get to about 8 to 10 CDs loaded - then the same thing happens again.

I found the website for MyGig updates and it said the gracenotes updates were for all mygig radios. I downloaded the most recent update and followed the instructions to the letter on buring the DVD - naming it, making sure the correct files were on it and last by "finalizing" the DVD. When I put it in my radio - it gets a yellow banner that says "DATA" on it and nothing loads.

I know these are minor compared to the big picture but I paid for a radio upgrade that advertised this feature - it's described in the radio owner manual - I'm doing everything right but the gracenote system isn't working right.

I've also noticed that the dodge website shows a compatibility page for IPODs with this radio - and only for this one year (2011), almost all IPODs and IPHONES have a notice that an update is coming soon. That notice of update soon has been there since early February.

Does anyone have suggestions for getting the gracenotes database function to work right. It always finds the song names and album names - just starts screwing up finding the album artwork. Also - anyone know if Dodge is really going to fix the IPOD problem or are we stuck? Doesn't seem like it should take many months to fix a problem - unless it's not fixable.

Thanks everyone

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Sorry but I don't know that answers to your questions. However, I do know that I would take it to the dealer that sold it to you and get them to deal with resolving this. The car and all parts are under warranty so make them earn their money while you go have a bite to eat and a drink :guiness:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not using DVD's - just store bought CDs. I erased the hard drive today, then played CD's one by one without copying any to the HDD. I played only the first song and each one showed the CD Cover graphic correctly until I played disc #10 and beyond when the gracenote CD Cover function stopped showing any CD Cover graphics except from the first 9 CDs. Those will show up repeatedly but only up to the first 9 CDs. If I wanted it to show any other CD Cover graphics, I had to erase the supposedly empty hard drive. Once I did that, I could pick any 9 CDs and the CD Cover graphics would show up - but not the 10th or after. I have over 100 Cds. It doesn't matter which ones I load - the graphic shows up - up to CD #9. I think the graphics are stored on the hard drive but don't show up.

I should mention that the song names and CD title stuff always shows up no matter how many CDs - it's the graphic that stops after the 9th CD.I don't know if this is only my radio doing this or if all the 2011 RBZ 430 radios have this bug. It would help to know if anyone can share that info with me.

Has Anyone out there with this same RBZ 2011 radio loaded more than 9 CDs and can see the CD Cover Graphic for all CDs over the 9th one? Please let me know.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.