Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The top pic is the new 2011 redline 3 R/t. The bottom is the 2010 Torred. I personally like the new red a lot better. If they don't come out with Hemi Orange at all in 2011, I will probably get this color. Notice the new R/T wheels.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Still, its very close to Inferno Red. Which is a nice color itself mind you. But there ought to be something dazzling in this finish for $995.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

Here it is against 2010 Inferno Red. I agree that $995.00 is a lot for a color upgrade, but dodge isn't giving me much choice with their color choices for 2011.

·
Registered
6,176 Posts
Redline in person is really nice. Wait till you guys get a chance to see it. Its not as dark as inferno, and not as orange as torred can be.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Detonator Yellow is still my favorite. Would like to see the Sublime from the Charger sprayed on the Challenger. I'm sure the Redline does look trick in person.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Redline in person is really nice. Wait till you guys get a chance to see it. Its not as dark as inferno, and not as orange as torred can be.
Torred is not orange

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Torred is not orange
Torred has an orange tone to it. Sometimes when I look online, its hard to tell if I'm looking at Torred or Hemi Orange. I actually originally wanted a Torred Challenger, but when my wife and I saw it in person, it looked too bright. I've seen a similar red on the Mustang.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
like the wheels. I guess the color is a gotta see it in person cause I'm just not diggin it.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
Just comparing from the photos in the thread I gotta say TR and IR beat red line red by along shot. IMO

·
Registered
320 Posts
I saw the new Red Line in person today at the LA Auto Show and the picture posted looks pretty accurate. Red Line is darker than TorRed and not as orange but is metallic like Inferno Red but not as dark. Red Line is a nice enough color, but I'd hate to pay $1000 for it, as I like the $300 TorRed better. Still, if I were buying a 2011, I'd choose Red Line, as it's the best color out of a small and pitiful bank of colors. I saw the new metallic orange today too, and while it's not terrible, its a sad, sad replacement for Hemi Orange. So far 2011 is, by far, the worst year for Challenger colors.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I LOVE Red on cars... I have a TorRed SE. My only slight complaint about the entire car is I wish the red paint was in between TorRed and Inferno red... It seems like the 2011 Red is just that. I have noticed in the fall in the evening when the sun is setting that TorRed does have an orange hint to it. Last fall I parked my car next to a row of burning bushes when they were in full dark red and when I got home and loaded up the pictures on the PC you would swear that my car was Orange.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Is it just me, or are the 2011 colors just not as exciting as in years past...will they bring detonator yellow or B5 blue back later in the year? I hope so....because I will buy on or the other if they do.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
My wife has Inferno Red on her Sebring hardtop convert and it is an amazing color when clean and in the sun. When it is darker out, the color looks ok. I bet this redline will look amazing in the sun and look better when darker out as it is slightly lighter then IR. I can't wait to see it in person.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts