Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this problem? My 2011 RT with 730N radio/nav just went black. Still plays music - just no image on screen. My nearest dealer is 45 minutes away. They said it may be a software issue or need replacement.
Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm. Just checked it and now it works. When it blacked out I turned the car on and off several times with no difference. Waited about one hour to re-check and it works.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Ive had two different radios do that when it was real cold outside and I had a older Lockpick installed. I think it was a V3. I haven't had any issues with the v5 or my CHR550 blacking out the screen.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the 730n with the lockpick v.5, every once in a while on start up the screen is dark for a few seconds longer then usual, i worry about failure after reading posts like this but so far so good.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
This is probably a loose faceplate. If you've only got 9 months left on the warranty, I'd recommend taking it to the dealer and complaining about a bad faceplate connection. Ask their tech to take it off and make sure it's clean.

Here's what a 130 looks like inside:

You can see the small little 9 pin connection there. My guess is that's not seated firmly on your 730N. This could be a case where a simple open fisted smack will completely solve it, and if you weren't in warranty that's what I'd recommend. Since you're in warranty, take it to the dealer (maybe print those pictures out and explain the theory).

It's really easy to take the faceplate off yourself and I'd be happy to walk you through it if you don't feel like dropping it off at a dealership. I've got a bunch more pictures of the process. All you'd be doing is peeling it apart, blowing it out with some canned air, and making sure it's firmly seated back together. Hot/cold cycles will cause swelling and it's more than likely only going to get worse with age unfortunately.

Worst case scenario the tech says could not duplicate, but they'll have a record of the problem. That may buy you a few extra months past the end of the warranty where Dodge will be willing to work with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts