Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I noticed a slight groove on my rear driver side rotor so I decided to go ahead and do a full rotor and pad replacement on the 2 rear brakes. After finishing up I noticed that there is a squeak on the passenger side rear break, but it only squeaks after the car has been driving for ~5mins. The squeak goes with the speed of the car as well, slower when decelerating and faster when accelerating, which leads me to think its a tight spot somewhere. When doing the brake job I lubricated the new pads and clips so I don't think it's anything with that, I also checked to make sure theres nothing digging into the new rotor and everything seems smooth. Personally I think it may be the parking brake was placed back to tightly, does this make sense to anyone else? After applying it with my foot I notice it does take a lot more pressure to put down. Also note, there was a faint burning brake smell from that wheel when I pulled over to inspect the issue.

If anyone has any input to what they believe might be my issue it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Forgive me, but I have to asked this... When you say that you lubricated the pads, exactly, what did you lubricate?

Did you inspect and lubricate the slide pins and inspect the boots...?

It sounds to me like you have a stuck caliper. And when you have a stuck caliper, often the rotor will get glazed, and squeal.. If you got lubrication on the pads, especially the working part or composite part of the pads, they will not work properly and cause all sorts of braking issues...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts