Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Said goodbye to my 2011 SE... 102K miles... a great runner... but the mystery grinding noise from the right front while turning the steering wheel to the left was getting louder... had discussions with the dealer about replacing tie-rods but neither of us was really sure that would even fix it. Then came the dreaded under-dash blend-air wood-pecker. While at the dealer having that looked at I drifted over to the new Challengers. It was not in my budget to get a "new" one but that prompted me to search around for a good used one. Eventually I found a 2016 SXT Plus with 22k miles that I really liked. Some minor dents on the roof... only 3... maybe hail? But the dealer agreed to have them removed... and I was pleasantly surprised that the dealer (Autonation) was giving me $10k for my 2011. So rather than spend a bunch of money on repairs I spent a bunch of money on the upgrade. It wound up costing me just over $11K. Very happy with my '16 SXT Plus...

Question... both engines 3.6L V6 24V VVT supposedly produce 305-310 HP... but the SXT Plus seems to have more power... perhaps just because it's newer... maybe the 8 speed vs. 6 speed transmission... but was wondering if anybody had any thoughts about that.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
I agree. The A8 fits the 3.6 quite well.

Enjoy the car! :grin2:

Reactions: Kowalksi

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,695 Posts
Also the A5 1st gear was 3.59, while the A8 is 4.71. Coupled with the 3.07 rear = Better launch :)

Congratulations on the upgrade :thumbsup:

A Guy

Reactions: Kowalksi
1 - 4 of 4 Posts