Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Sublime Green Challenger
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thank you for any future help. I bought a toxic orange 2011 Se on Wednesday. I got home and noticed my trunk wont lock. Anyone can pop up trunk with the button on the back of the car. The car can be locked or unlocked. Everything else works fine. I took it back to dealer and they looked it over and flashed the computer. Still the same issue. I even took both key fobs far away and in a fire proof safe. The service techs said to give them a few days to research this, and gave it back. Can anyone help steer them in the right direction. Thank you very much.. James

·
Registered
278 Posts
There was a post about this not too long ago. Someone had gone to the dealerships and found that all the 2011 challengers on the lot were like that.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Interesting. Maybe a fuse missing or something? I have no problems with my 2011 R/T. (and I just tried)

·
Registered
402 Posts
Try locking and unlocking it a few times. Then lock it and try again.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try asap. Thank you. Been trying all kinds of things since i bought it. Also checked all fuses. The dealer i took it to had no 2011's on the lot and said they never seen this before. The dealer i bought the car from is a ways away.

·
Registered
427 Posts
You know what that means...you need to upgrade to an R/T...JK...hope everything turns out OK. Another warranty issue in the books.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Wow... that is not good. I would be afraid to drive it/park it somewhere since pretty much anyone can get into your car. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It may be a FOB thing where you have to push the lock button twice to lock the trunk as you have to push it twice to unlock the passenger door. Just a thought.

May have do a reset on the FOB. You can get both doors to unlock at the same time or just one. It may be set to lock the doors and not the trunk unless it is locked with the fob again. Check the owners manual.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I was just saying to SEE if it is in there.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Somebody Said that there is a fuse that its supposedto get moved to another another slot afterr it is transported. Maybe the trunks stay unlocked when it Is in transport mode

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trunk

Just called the dealer, still awaiting a call from dodge. (or so they say). I just want this fixed. I thought about just trying some fuses, but dont want to screw anything up. Will keep you posted.:werd:

·
Premium Member
431 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just want to verify... you know that as long as you have the key somewhere on your person, the trunk will always open when you press the button.

·
Registered
585 Posts
to lock it for sure. Put your fobs wallet guns and all your money and valuables in I gaurantee it's then locks. all kidding aside, the emergency handle on the cable fowled my trunk lock so when it would close, seemed ok, but I could just lift it open again, Murphy he's here now!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pics of hood and trunk fuses

I took pics of the hood and the trunk fuses. If anyone could tell me if anything is out of place. I pulled the transport fuse and the trunk locked. But most likely only because the power to the trunk release was not engaged. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Can anyone look at there SE 11's are any different fuse configuration. Thank you. Still no call back from the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
James.....After reading your post I checked my 11 SE and found I had the same problem. Went to the dealer yesterday and was told that Dodge recognizes this as a known problem. They said there is some sort of bug in the computer code related to the security system and that the car needs to have new (corrected) code loaded. They tried to load the new code on my car but for some reason the Dodge computer system wouldn't recognize my VIN number so they were unable to do so. The dealer is going to get things straightened out with Dodge this week and will try again next Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
653 Posts
This problem is definitely restricted to just the SEs as I checked on my 392 to make sure if it locks and I have no problem.
I can take of pic of my fuse box tomorrow for you if you want but idk if it's the same

1 - 20 of 35 Posts