·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen a 2011 SE yet?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes. Why? There are few in a dealership north of me. Went to see the 392 and looked at them as well. Didn't test drive though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anyone seen a 2011 SE yet?
Heres some pics...seen at least 4 in my area.

THe SE I think got the biggest upgrades from last year. Here's what a bare bones BASE model has added from last year.
- Dual exhaust w chrome tips
- 18 inch wheels
- Push start button
- Remote start
- Hidden exterior trunk button
- Refreshed interior
- Evic with controls on steering wheel
- ABS standard
- Back seat lighting moved to overhead roof
- Folding front seats with handle moved to top of seat.
- Keyless Entry
- Penastar 305hp V6 260 torque
- Soft touch materials throughout
- Real Aluminum interior accents
- Front faschia flares
- Chrome filler cap

Attachments

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

THe SE I think got the biggest upgrades from last year. Here's what a bare bones BASE model has added from last year.
- 18 inch wheels
- Push start button
- Remote start
- Refreshed interior
- ABS standard
- Keyless Entry
- Front faschia flares
- Chrome filler cap
Thanks. Just wondering if they changed it much.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes. Why? There are few in a dealership north of me. Went to see the 392 and looked at them as well. Didn't test drive though.
Im curious if they made any changes, and if anyone has driven one to compare the new v6 vs old.

·
Registered
65 Posts
We have yet to receive an se yet but if the performance of the new 6 in the other models is any indication, it will be awesome. As rawkofno points out it has the most significant changes. The largest segment of camaro and mustang sales are not v-8's. This will really level the playing field and I believe we will sell more se than r/t and srt8 combined

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
These are all the changes I wanted and modded my car with. As soon as inventories come in, I'll have to print out some window stickers and do a cost comparison. One item that you couldn't improve on with the 2010 was the EVIC and push button start, both things I really wanted. I wonder if the AUTO will be an additional charge on all SEs? Or, did they put it in the base?

·
Registered
402 Posts
These are all the changes I wanted and modded my car with. As soon as inventories come in, I'll have to print out some window stickers and do a cost comparison. One item that you couldn't improve on with the 2010 was the EVIC and push button start, both things I really wanted. I wonder if the AUTO will be an additional charge on all SEs? Or, did they put it in the base?
If you are talking about the auto tranny, then it is included in the price, since it is the only tranny you can get.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Im curious if they made any changes, and if anyone has driven one to compare the new v6 vs old.
This isn't new vs. old but there is tons of good information here. http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/2011-challenger-information-thread-40234/

Also besides what rawkofno said, there are some other things that they did.

The steering wheel is newer and slightly smaller, the car comes with electric power steering as well as faster steering ratio. Also, the bushings have been tightened and the there are some other suspension revisions. Like I said, I haven't driven it, but it is supposed to give the car much better feel. Not as sloppy.

One of the nicest things that they did, was make it where you can make it like the R/T with the right packaging without the v8.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Park Plaza eh? That guy gave me a deal good enough for me to jump off the fence on an Inferno Red SE. Then I found a Torred in Milwaukee for the same price. Looking at that $31k SE you mentioned above, if anyone is on the fence, go for the 11. Take away the $800 Rallye package and you have $30k, about $600 more than mine listed for ($225 paint accounted for). But when you compare all the extras that the 11's have, I think you get more value, just not the discount, yet. Who knows, maybe they are dealing. I paid over $900 for the dual exhaust, so right there I am over the 2011 price. This also has the $400 auto dimming mirror which I don't have with mic, which I paid $225 for, not to mention the $135 fuel door. They must have transfered some of the $2,740 G package to the base price as it is just shy of $2k more, the now the G package is only $2,000 which includes the $850 heated leather seats. I guess the bottom line is what its all about. In summary, the SE is still a great value compared to last year. Go for it.
http://www.dodge.com/hostc/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2B3CJ4DG7BH510760

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought a 2011 Tungsten SE last Sunday. Have 110 miles on it so far.

I was nearly going to buy the 2010, but after driving the 2011 there is no comparison. My wife and I both thought the new V6 was way more powerful.

Here are my thoughts:

1. The 2011 has stock duel exhaust, and it sounds way better than the 2010.

2. The power difference is noticeable.

3. The stock 2011 has push button start and keyless go.

4. The 2011 is way easier to get into the rear seats. (In the 2010 you can only get into the passenger side, and you have to adjust the seat each time. In the 2011 you can enter both sides, and the seat will go back to the same position it was automatically.)

5. The fuel economy is slightly better in the 2011.

6. The 2011 has EVIC stock, and buttons on the steering wheel stock. Also has a nicer looking gauges and steering wheel.

We ended up getting $2200 off the MSRP on the 2011, and got them to throw in a few small extras. We played two dealerships off each other to get the deal, but they had only had the 2011's for 3 days when we got ours.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Way to go! Get out the camera!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Makes me wish I was a little more patient!

But I'm too broke for it anyway.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought a 2011 Tungsten SE last Sunday. Have 110 miles on it so far.

I was nearly going to buy the 2010, but after driving the 2011 there is no comparison. My wife and I both thought the new V6 was way more powerful.

Here are my thoughts:

1. The 2011 has stock duel exhaust, and it sounds way better than the 2010.

2. The power difference is noticeable.

3. The stock 2011 has push button start and keyless go.

4. The 2011 is way easier to get into the rear seats. (In the 2010 you can only get into the passenger side, and you have to adjust the seat each time. In the 2011 you can enter both sides, and the seat will go back to the same position it was automatically.)

5. The fuel economy is slightly better in the 2011.

6. The 2011 has EVIC stock, and buttons on the steering wheel stock. Also has a nicer looking gauges and steering wheel.

We ended up getting $2200 off the MSRP on the 2011, and got them to throw in a few small extras. We played two dealerships off each other to get the deal, but they had only had the 2011's for 3 days when we got ours.

Congradulations!!!!!!!!!!

Im very excited for you.

If you can, once you have over 500 miles on it, do some 0-60 performance tests. If you are planning on any performance mods, or have the money to do so, please go to a Dyno and do a baseline in stock form.

Do some youtube videos showing the new sound of the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger SRT in BSP
440 Posts

- 18 inch wheels
- Push start button
- Remote start
- Refreshed interior
- ABS standard
- Keyless Entry
- Front faschia flares
- Chrome filler cap
Just noticed they put a dealer badge on the bumper of the TO one. That thing would come off clean before they'd get my check. Beautiful car, clean lines and you're really going to slap a dealer ad on it? Ridiculous!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I told my dealer DO NOT put it on my car. He made extra effort not to do it. When I purchased my Caliber, I told the salesman, and they prep team had left for the day so the salesman did the prep, HE put the sticker on and he was the one I told not to do it. Fortuantly it was in winter so it hardly stuck to the car, when my fingernail removed it I laughed at it, then I took it in to him and said I told you not to put this on my car.

I like the clean look to. Sometimes I wonder what my R/T would look like withouth the HEMI badges.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I would like to ask 3 questions about Super Sport Group (SS/T):

1-Which ones are the 20-inch wheels. Photos?. I ask because there are several models of 20-inch wheels.

2-Would these wheels allow 255 tires, or even 265?.

2-Anybody knows what the performance suspension is about?. Is it lowered suspension?. Is it like SRT8 suspension?.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would like to ask 3 questions about Super Sport Group (SS/T):

1-Which ones are the 20-inch wheels. Photos?. I ask because there are several models of 20-inch wheels.

2-Would these wheels allow 255 tires, or even 265?.

2-Anybody knows what the performance suspension is about?. Is it lowered suspension?. Is it like SRT8 suspension?.

Thanks in advance.
1.)
http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Challenger/2011_Challenger_wheels_01.jpg

The ones that say for RT, RT classic, and SRT8 are not the 20" wheels on the SE. the one on the top row to the right is the wheel that you are looking for.

2.) they come with 245 and I would say yes they can support bigger tires, just don't know how think. I think 265 are fine.

3.) this one I am unsure about. think it come with 3.06 rear end with 215mm axle (not sure if this is any different than regular one) and stronger shock absorbers and maybe stronger springs. don't take my word for it. hopefully someone knows more about this.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts