Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what the bolt circle is on my new 392 ? Will changing the tire size screw up the computer ? I want to run the car a couple of times, and possibly use a Drag Radial rear tire ! I was told that changing the tire sizes from stock (Front and Rear), and then back to the original 20" tires would screw up the computer ? Or slick' on the rear, and skinnies on the front ! The car is an auto, w/3.92 gear .....Thanks.......John

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm fairly certain the bolt circle on your 2011 is the same on earlier years: 5 x 115 mm.

The new tire size will not screw up the computer. Your speedometer may be off a bit, but no big deal if its a temporary swap. I switch my rear wheels and tires when I go drag racing. And since those wheels have their own TPMS sensors, it does give a "System Warning" saying there may be an issue with the TPMS system. However this is not a check engine light and doesn't not affect performance. The computer is only temporarily confused by the different sensors and it takes time for the warning to go away. By that time, I've usually changed my wheels back.

That all said... You have a 3.92 rear ratio with an auto? Is this stock on the 2011 392? All the other autos have 3.06 rear gears.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
392-Rear Gear in SRT-8 392,w/Auto

Just checked my sheet and the 392 gear is std equip on the 392 STR-8, w/auto, which is a 5 speed ! Can't wait to get it !...........John

·
Registered
65 Posts
guys,
just checked our order system...3.92 is standard on srt8 for 2011...wheels are same, same bolt pattern, below is a sample I cut and pasted:

220 Amp AlternatorDRC 226MM Rear AxleTR9 245/45ZR20 AS Performance TiresRD7 276 Watt AmplifierDMH 3.92 Rear Axle RatioXRF 30GB Hard Drive w/6700 Song CapacityMSS 392 Hemi BadgeNAS 50 State Emissions

·
Banned
7,159 Posts
guys,
just checked our order system...3.92 is standard on srt8 for 2011...wheels are same, same bolt pattern, below is a sample I cut and pasted:

220 Amp AlternatorDRC 226MM Rear AxleTR9 245/45ZR20 AS Performance TiresRD7 276 Watt AmplifierDMH 3.92 Rear Axle RatioXRF 30GB Hard Drive w/6700 Song CapacityMSS 392 Hemi BadgeNAS 50 State Emissions
On a 6 speed car, yes.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
392 Gear, STR-8 392 Package

Just checked with my dealer, and he checked with the factory as to the 392 gear with the Auto, and they said that both the Auto, and the 6 Speed come with the 392 ratio!!!!!!!! He did say that the R/T was the way you stated, as in a different ratio for the Auto

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just checked with my dealer, and he checked with the factory as to the 392 gear with the Auto, and they said that both the Auto, and the 6 Speed come with the 392 ratio!!!!!!!! He did say that the R/T was the way you stated, as in a different ratio for the Auto
Interesting info, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts