Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Do any of you know when we will be able to order 2011 SRT Challenger front spoiler from the dealer parts department? I was waiting for CBD's new design ... they have made no progress though! JAny info on this will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I would want to say that you should be able to be order them relatively soon since the car is already out. You should call a local dealer and ask.

·
Banned
27 Posts
Part Numbers and Fitment

Hey guys! Do any of you know when we will be able to order 2011 SRT Challenger front spoiler from the dealer parts department? I was waiting for CBD's new design ... they have made no progress though! JAny info on this will be greatly appreciated.

I got this part no 68109837AA from my dealer this am, I hope it is the correct one.. He said he could have it within a few days.. He quoted me $84.09..

I was thinking of doing this and then stumbled across your thread.. I 'm not trying to hijack your thread but I have a couple of question and hope someone knows the answer..

The part number mentioned above was given to me by my dealer and I haven't seen the parts book
  1. Is this the correct part no? 68109837AA
  2. What other parts will I need to get to make it compatible with my 2010 SRT or, are the other parts the same?
  3. Will I need new rivets or can I reuse the same ones? If I need new one or need to replace some bad ones, is there a cheaper place I could find them other than the dealer?
  4. Is this a direct bolt up replacement or will I need to modify or drill some new holes?
Any other input anyone might have, would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
If you are planning to purchase the 2011 front spoiler for a previous model year, you should be aware that the new spolier is not a direct bolt-on. Quite a few changes have been made to the 2011 Challenger including the way the front spolier mounts to the car.

·
Banned
27 Posts
If you are planning to purchase the 2011 front spoiler for a previous model year, you should be aware that the new spolier is not a direct bolt-on. Quite a few changes have been made to the 2011 Challenger including the way the front spolier mounts to the car.
Can you fill me in on what the difference are? Do some or none of the holes match up? I know you will need to make come near the tires.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
^^^^^
The attachment points are different.

·
Banned
27 Posts
They are being sold on ebay right now:

They are suppose to fit fine, you just gotta drill new holes for the attachment points. Scary from some, but I think it'll be worth it.

2011 Dodge Challenger Front Lip Spoiler Mopar 392 HEMI - eBay (item 360348930072 end time Mar-07-11 20:27:09 PST)

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: Here is the info from ebay in case their listing disappears:

You are bidding on a brand new, never installed OEM 2011 Dodge 392 HEMI Challenger front lip spoiler. This spoiler will fit your 2008-2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8, R/T or SXT. It not only includes the deep SRT8 style front spoiler but also includes integrated front wheel 'spats' as shown in photo above.

This factory Dodge 392 HEMI factory Front Lip spoiler is larger and more aerodynamic than the spoiler found on the 2008-2010 SRT8 Challenger & the stock SRT8 version was already larger than the R/T or SE Challenger spoiler.

This spoiler will fit all 2008-2011 Dodge Challengers utilizing existing mounting points and reusing your mounting hardware but will require some slight modification on 08'-2010 models due to a very small change in the front bumper/fascia that Dodge made for 2011 (see note below)

note: on a recent 2010 Challenger SRT8 installation - all the SRT8 brake ducting matched up and fit correctly - the only issue was we needed to trim a little of this new spoiler off with a dremel (approx. 1/32") along the top where it meets the body under the lower grille so all the existing mounting holes would line up - not a huge modification and not visable once installed but just be aware going in that this is not a simple 'plug-n-play' installation.

also note in the words of one of our customers, his installation was on a 2008 Challenger R/T):
No modification to the spoiler was needed for fitment. The only thing that needs to be modified are the holes underneat the spoiler where the 7mm hex head screws hold it in place. It is a very simple fix. With the car either on a lift or jacked up, gently pull down on the rear lower edge of the spoiler and locate the mounting holes and drill new holes in the spoiler. You may even be able to use the old spoiler removed as a template. The wheel spats are not as wide in the wheel well so there is a small gap, however all mounting holes do line up other than the phillips head screw which is not used on the new installation. It is also helpful to know that you will need plastic rivets ( 6 ) and a plastic rivet gun. The hardest part of the entire installation is finding all the attachment points and how to release the spoiler from the front facia or bumper cover. Definately not a job for someone who does not have above average mechanical skills or good selection of tools. The end result though is fantastic, it really looks great !
& also note: this lower spoiler does not include brake ducting found behind the spoiler on the 392 HEMI Challenger model, this ducting is available from us but is not required for install on a R/T or base model
(email us for additional info on ducting).

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys! Thanks for the input. I have ordered the spoiler along with the 2011 facia...mine was damaged after incident with animal. Anyhow, I will have all the new front end parts on the car before THE TEXAS MILE in nearly 3 weeks. I will post pics of process ...

Thanks Again!

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
They are being sold on ebay right now:

They are suppose to fit fine, you just gotta drill new holes for the attachment points. Scary from some, but I think it'll be worth it.

2011 Dodge Challenger Front Lip Spoiler Mopar 392 HEMI - eBay (item 360348930072 end time Mar-07-11 20:27:09 PST)
Not trying to take the wind out of anyone's sails but don't believe anything you see or read on ebay, period. That chowderhead is just trying to sell a car part nothing more. I'll bet he's making the same mistake a bunch of people are making right now regarding this. He most certainly won't be there when you're cussing & cursing because it won't line up and your patience is wearing thin. Yes it can be made to fit but you're going to have to jump through a few more hoops to get this done correctly. Find someone either on Challenger Talk or in person whose actually done done this mod and pick their brain about it. This is a mod that you definitely want to look before you leap on.
I agree it does looks better, not that there's anything wrong with the 08-10 front spoiler design. And I question Dodge's wisdom of making this anything but a direct bolt on R & R task considering that they will miss out on all that $$$ from people willing to buy and make the change but Dodge didn't ask my opinion on the subject.
Hope this helps!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the part! I had spoke to him on the phone and got varification of all part #'s.
I order local through my dealership to save shipping and get the dealer discount!
Part numbers are correct!

·
Banned
27 Posts
I have the part! I had spoke to him on the phone and got varification of all part #'s.
I order local through my dealership to save shipping and get the dealer discount!
Part numbers are correct!
Will do...hoping to have it done in the next few days!
Keep us posted, I plan on ordering mine soon and it would be helpful if you could show instill pics and let us know what mod and extra parts are needed to make it fit..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Keep us posted, I plan on ordering mine soon and it would be helpful if you could show instill pics and let us know what mod and extra parts are needed to make it fit..

Definitely, SUBSCRIBED!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will do guys! Give me a few days...it'll get done. Just have a lot going on trying to get the car ready for the "Texas Mile". Hoping to have it done by the end of next week worst case!

·
Banned
27 Posts
I order mine from the dealer a few minutes ago over the phone (P/N 68109837AA). I hope that is all I will need and I will make a post when finished if no one beats me to it.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I order mine from the dealer a few minutes ago over the phone (P/N 68109837AA). I hope that is all I will need and I will make a post when finished if no one beats me to it.
Ahh the race is on. Just put in the order. $86 and some change. Pick it up from the dealer tomorrow.

Dremmeling 1/32nd of an inch off the chin spoiler... well, we'll see, doesn't seem like much.

If it doesn't work...

oh well... but if it does...

mmmm sprinkles.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts