21 - 40 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
ok, ok, you all have my interest piqued.......subscribing as well:browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Its always good to have several intrepid individuals willing to plow on ahead and do the "beta testing" for the rest of us. Just remember if it isn't exactly R&R (remove and replace) it may not be worth the hassle to go through the install. Sometimes things don't always go as planned even if you've got the correct part #'s.
Good luck y'all and keep us informed either way!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Ahh the race is on. Just put in the order. $86 and some change. Pick it up from the dealer tomorrow.

Dremmeling 1/32nd of an inch off the chin spoiler... well, we'll see, doesn't seem like much.

If it doesn't work...

oh well... but if it does...

mmmm sprinkles.

I love this post. This exactly how I would feel.

Does the part number include the canards? The side pieces for the wheel wells? $86 for the whole thing?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
The part is a one piece. No rivets d plastic pushes included but looks like we'll be able to reuse the old 7mm bolts.

I plan to do this install Sunday night and it gives me an excuse to buy a dremmel so more to follow.

·
Registered
487 Posts
This is so funny. Does anyone remember when the first spy shots came out of the 2011 Challengers? Almost EVERYONE was hating on the new spoiler, and now everyone is trying to find out if they can put it on their car. Happens every time. Count me in as someone who will be adding this to my 2010 if it's not too complicated.
________
SkinyTeen

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
The part is a one piece. No rivets d plastic pushes included but looks like we'll be able to reuse the old 7mm bolts.

I plan to do this install Sunday night and it gives me an excuse to buy a dremmel so more to follow.
try to take pics please

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Not trying to take the wind out of anyone's sails but don't believe anything you see or read on ebay, period...
^^^What he said. I just had a not-so-good experience with the rear spoiler from a "power seller". Taught me not to believe a word said by these "power sellers". More info posted here.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
2011 Chin Spoiler Installed

Alrighty CT members, just finished up the 2011 Chin Spoiler Install on a 2010 SRT8 Challenger.

The quick down and dirty:

1. No dremmel required.
2. Definitely need rivets and rivet gun (Harbor Freight for $15)
3. The part number mentioned, 68109837AA, in the thread is the correct one. The best part, $86, no charge for shipping, it's from Dodge and it arrived the very next day. Now that's customer service.
4. There might either be a new belly pan or fender well liner that may need to be purchased, however, not necessary.
5. About a 1 1/2 - 2 hour job. Most of the time was spend removing the small bolts that hold on the top of the spoiler.

I used Speedy's video from Speedsgarage.net to reference the chin spoiler swap he did from an R/T to SRT.

Pretty much, the part went straight on. There is one bolt that did not line up in the center that connects it to the plastic bumper part (picture below), however, everything else worked out ok.

Before:

After:

The gap. My guess is either the belly pan is different or the fender well liner is longer. In the new spoiler, there are 4 holes that fit 7mm screws so my guess is that it's a new belly pan. In all, it's hardly noticeable unless you have the wheel completely turned.

This is the only part that does not line up. If anything, you can dremmel that shorter and then retap the screw hole. I just left it off for now.

A smiley faced SRT8 Challenger with a new beard

You'll definitely spend a lot of time on your back for this one and definitely be patient with the little bolts that hold the top of the spoiler on because they are tedious.

The new part seems very sturdy comparatively. The spoiler is thinner than the 2010 version and more smooth. Even so, it's hardly a noticeable difference outside unless you are really looking for it.

I still need to drive it around and see if there are issues but I'm not forseeing any.

Anyhow, all I can say is:

mmmmm sprinkles.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Very awesome, rayzazoo! Thanks for the pics and info. Definitely helped me in deciding to get one. Do you think the job would have been any easier if you did the install on a lift?

And, Someone would just have to take a look at an '11 model to see for sure if its a new belly pan, or inner wheel liners for the gap.

Regardless, the install looks great. Thanks again..

·
Registered
487 Posts
Can someone with a 2011 post a pic of where the wheel liner attaches to the spoiler so we can compare?
________
GLASS PIPES

·
Registered
757 Posts
Thanks for the pics gr8srt8. They're helpful. It looks like that small section, that curves up from the bottom is part of the belly pan. Or, a separate filler piece. I think I may put my money on a separate piece, which would be great. However, it's definitely not part of the inner wheel well, though..

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Thanks for the pics gr8srt8. They're helpful. It looks like that small section, that curves up from the bottom is part of the belly pan. Or, a separate filler piece. I think I may put my money on a separate piece, which would be great. However, it's definitely not part of the inner wheel well, though..

x2 with the filler piece. Looks like it attaches to the screw underneath on the right and then on the bottom it connects via 2, 7mm bolts. Then on the left it just sits under the lip.

Probably just need to call the dealership in the morning and see what part # this is. Surely it can't be more than $5 a piece..... hopefully.

·
Banned
27 Posts
I just finished mine as well. I had a KB SC radiator in the way so I had to pull the bumper off, not enough room to get to screws.. The install went very good.. No trimming on spoiler at all except for on the screw tab in the lower part of the spoiler near the middle, I cut it off through middle of the hole in the tab on the spoiler, then put metal clip on, then drilled small hole through tab in new spot and ran screw through new hole and clip. This went very well. You will need new plastic Rivets however for the wheel well or you could go to your hardware store in the pull out tray section, like I did and get the push in rivets (re-usable ones) like the rest of them in the wheel well but a little longer.

I to have the open hole in the wheel well and hope it is an easy fix like a small piece shown in picture. I did notice some new holes that weren't used in the new spoiler near the opening where the missing piece needs to go, I guess those are for the missing piece. I hope I don't have to replace the wheel well liner to fix the issue. Keep me posted

BTW: I had no problems with my original belly pan on the SRT as it match up.. I just has some extra push rivets and two small screws and one medium size screw with an unusual washer on it left over for some reason, go figure?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Got off the phone with the dealer. The additional part that covers the fender gap is part #.

I'm gonna go in and check it.

Air Dam Support
68024342AC -driver side
68024343AC -passenger side

$21.26.... a piece.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
My parts guy doesn't have a picture to verify the fender gap left/right parts so I'm going to hold off until we get a confirmation from elsewhere or a part number comes up from someone that has an 2011

21 - 40 of 132 Posts