Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Got off the phone with the dealer. The additional part that covers the fender gap is part #.

I'm gonna go in and check it.

Air Dam Support
68024342AC -driver side
68024343AC -passenger side

$21.26.... a piece.
Before u order these numbers, look at pic in parts book.. I think it is wrong no.
Check out p/n: 668109838aa & 9839aa. About $9.85 ea

·
Registered
265 Posts
I agree with 1BADSRT...
Parts in hand and verify: 68109839AA LH
68109838AA RH

These are the two "end caps" if you will ,that finish off the spoiler at each lower end.

Also, there is : 68086604AA RH
68086605AA LH
These are the duct inserts that fit just inside the brake duct opening on each side. Not sure if they are needed to install, or if they can be left off of R/T installation.

Plan on doing this soon myself....:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I wonder if leaving the lower gap open would benefit airflow for the intake. Maybe help with pulling out underhood air at speed while allowing fresh air to access the fender well. Not sure what kind of pressure zones we are looking at in the wheel well. Just a thought, but dunno how this could be tested.

On a similar note, the car does seem to handle a bit better on the highway and so far, no issues with the new spoiler.

·
Registered
487 Posts
My friend at the Dodge dealer is looking up the parts and ordering them for me now.
________
Live sex

·
Registered
81 Posts
I placed the order for the first part numbers you posted, I will have to cancell the order and use the correct PNs; I payed $42, do you know if they refund the complete price?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Part #'s

2011 SRT8 Chin Spoiler:
68109837AA

Fender Gaps:
68109839AA LH
68109838AA RH

For R/Ts, you'll also want to get the SRT8 belly pan so you'll have functional brake scoops.
SRT Belly Pan with Air Ducts 08-09 Challenger

Also, there is :
68086604AA RH
68086605AA LH
These are the duct inserts that fit just inside the brake duct opening on each side.

·
Registered
407 Posts

2011 SRT8 Chin Spoiler:
68109837AA

Fender Gaps:
68109839AA LH
68109838AA RH

For R/Ts, you'll also want to get the SRT8 belly pan so you'll have functional brake scoops.

Also, there is :
68086604AA RH
68086605AA LH
These are the duct inserts that fit just inside the brake duct opening on each side.
You are three shades of bada$$. Thanks for the contributions on this thread!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Rayzazoo, what type of ramps are you using? and how far off the ground are you getting with them?

2011 SRT8 Chin Spoiler:
68109837AA

Fender Gaps:
68109839AA LH
68109838AA RH

Also, there is :
68086604AA RH
68086605AA LH

·
Registered
81 Posts
I installed mine today, it is mnot easy and I spend about 2.5 hrs; by the way I did not modified thenew spoiler and 2 of the holes did not aligned and left them like that. You will have to remove the belly pan that will make the job a lot easier

·
Banned
27 Posts
I just finished mine as well. I had a KB SC radiator in the way so I had to pull the bumper off, not enough room to get to screws.. The install went very good.. No trimming on spoiler at all except for on the screw tab in the lower part of the spoiler near the middle, I cut it off through middle of the hole in the tab on the spoiler, then put metal clip on, then drilled small hole through tab in new spot and ran screw through new hole and clip. This went very well. You will need new plastic Rivets however for the wheel well or you could go to your hardware store in the pull out tray section, like I did and get the push in rivets (re-usable ones) like the rest of them in the wheel well but a little longer.

I to have the open hole in the wheel well and hope it is an easy fix like a small piece shown in picture. I did notice some new holes that weren't used in the new spoiler near the opening where the missing piece needs to go, I guess those are for the missing piece. I hope I don't have to replace the wheel well liner to fix the issue. Keep me posted

BTW: I had no problems with my original belly pan on the SRT as it match up.. I just has some extra push rivets and two small screws and one medium size screw with an unusual washer on it left over for some reason, go figure?
I agree with 1BADSRT...
Parts in hand and verify: 68109839AA LH
68109838AA RH

These are the two "end caps" if you will ,that finish off the spoiler at each lower end.

Also, there is : 68086604AA RH
68086605AA LH
These are the duct inserts that fit just inside the brake duct opening on each side. Not sure if they are needed to install, or if they can be left off of R/T installation.

Plan on doing this soon myself....:thumbsup:
I installed mine today, it is mnot easy and I spend about 2.5 hrs; by the way I did not modified thenew spoiler and 2 of the holes did not aligned and left them like that. You will have to remove the belly pan that will make the job a lot easier
My install took about 5 or 6 hours (including 2 trips to the hardware store and a lunch break) as I have to pull the front bumper due to other equipment I have behind the bumper that was in the way. (I just can't figure out where the extra left over screws and fasteners go now that I have it back together)

I guess each car/spoiler must vary a little as all the holes lined up on mine except for the tab which I modified and got the screw and clip installed.

My 2 additional parts have arrived at the dealer and I will pick them up when I return home from work in a few weeks.

I also picked a cheap plastic rivet gun with a few plastic rivets to replace the rivets that I has to cut to get front end and fender well loose.

I would love to see some pictures of the last 2 parts ordered and see what they look like on someones car as well as some pictures of your completed cars now that they are finished.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I used a set of ramps I picked up from autozone. It lifts he front end about 1-2ft off the ground. I use these for oil changes too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
What a Pain in the A$$ getting the old spoiler off ............. Take your time, I did find one broken part from the factory but it can be fixed
will have pic in a few days.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I think the 2011 SRT spoiler is an improvement over the previous years, but I don't think it is worth the money/hassle for the 08-10 SRT to switch. The 08-10 SRT spoiler looks just fine. Either one is a nice up grade for the RT, however.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
^^^Your opinion, although subjective. I for one have ordered the parts and look fwd to the install.

I have a Kenne Bell SC on as well so I might run into some problems too. I don't mind though as I need to remove the front bumper anyway for other modification to the bumper itself.

·
Registered
487 Posts
41 - 60 of 132 Posts