Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped out the radio bezel and floor console bezel on a 2008-10 Challenger for one of the new 2011s? I like the stainless finish better but hadn't found any part numbers or ones for sale.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, decided to go ahead and give this a try...ordered the 2011 IE radio bezel and floor console today from my local dealer. Will let you guys know how this works out!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
A bit of news on this one -

Order came in at my local Dodge dealer today. The floor console was correct - the faux brushed stainless type finish, part # 68110808-AA (Bezel, Console). I ordered based on the VIN from a 392 IE with an automatic trans and heated seats. I can't say for certain this will work with a manual transmission, but I can't imagine there's much difference in just the floor console bezel.

The radio bezel was another story. What was received was exactly the same bezel as what's in my Challenger, the faux carbon fiber with polka dots all over it. The Parts counter re-ran the vin we used and confirmed the part was the same as Dodge listed for the 392. We discussed it for a bit before they called Dodge up. What we ultimately found is Dodge's part list is incorrect. The description lists that it should have the brushed finish, but we definitely received the older style. Dodge said they'd get back to us in 72 hours or so after double checking their parts. I'm imagining they have to do a stock check and a comparison on the Bill of Materials or something to correct the parts list.

Anyway, I bought the floor console and am now awaiting news on the correct part number for the radio bezel! Once I have both correct parts, I'll look at installing them and put up some pictures if anyone wants :)

EDIT: The correct radio bezel part is 68149200AA for the brushed finish in the 2011-2012 IEs/SRTs. Found a new one for sale on eBay for about $78 + shipping. I'm sure the dealer will charge more, but mine asked for around $150 for just this part last year. Cutouts are included for the heated seats.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,793 Posts
Are the new finish style bezels on all 392's or just the IE?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are the new finish style bezels on all 392's or just the IE?
I *think* all new SRTs but am not positive - would need to see more 2011 SRT interior pictures. My local dealer sold the only 2011 SRT they had.

I used a 392 IE VIN just to make sure I was getting what I wanted.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, very minimal research so don't sue me if it's wrong or a dealer loaded wrong pics. It appears the regular 2011 SRT8 still has the polka dot faux carbon fiber finish on the bezels. The 392 IE has the faux brushed stainless finish.

2011 IE Interior:

2011 SRT8 Interior:

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,793 Posts
I personally could go with either one of them. If the metal finish pieces are really plastic, then maybe I actually like the faux carbon fiber better? I'd have to check them out in person, and will be able to compare both when my GWE gets here. Whenever that is?:scratchhead:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts