Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 2011 SRT Abe Lincoln spoiler on today. used my stock R/T splash shield and took about 2 1/2 hours. looks even lower now and was no need to change the splash shield Unless you want the brake ducts to work. The brake ducts cant be seen anyway and now the air scoops cool my motor more. I guess. only cost me 87.00 this way too. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Looks great! I did the same mod last weekend and love it on my 2009 Silver SRT8. Thought I might have to trim-to-fit some parts but it wasn't necessary. It was one of the easier mods I have done, I woould recommend it to anyone. You do need the special plastic rivets and rivet gun (harbor freight).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks good! I hope to put mine on this weekend, did you have to "custom" girnd the top of the new spoiler as well to make it fit?

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spoiler

No grinding at all. just had to drill new holes in the new spoiler, put the old one and new one back to back and hold em together with 2 clamps and drill the new holes. it looks like it would need to be ground down on top of where the slits are but nope it fit perfect. Not sure of the part numbers I got the vin numbers off a new SRT on the showroom and my parts guy got the numbers from it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Looks great! I did the same mod last weekend and love it on my 2009 Silver SRT8. Thought I might have to trim-to-fit some parts but it wasn't necessary. It was one of the easier mods I have done, I woould recommend it to anyone. You do need the special plastic rivets and rivet gun (harbor freight).
Not really I cheated and went to pep boys and got me some 1 1/2 black plastic push pins, worked like a charm, I had it @131 and they stayed put very well, now I did reuse the screw on the top though,
Sorry poster dont mean to thread jack.
BTW looks great, I just did mine 2 weeks ago and it too cost me only $84

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
part numbers

Heres the part numbers the center piece 68109837AA the filler on the pass side is 68109838AA and drivers side filler is 68109839AA if the parts guy asks for a vin number to make sure its for a SRT you can use 2B3CJ7DJ6BH508740 hope this helps yall out.

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Looks great! BTW, I love the spinners on the rims--awesome!

·
Registered
77 Posts
looks good. now when you say splash guard, do you mean belly pan?

debating if I want to do this. and not having to pay for the SRT8 belly pan does help a bit.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Looks great! On my list of future mods for my PCP RT.

Ray

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shield

I call the belly pan the part that has the 4-10mm bolts that ya remove to change the oil. and the splash shield the plastic part that is in front of it.I think it had 9-7mm bolts in it. When ya put the new spoiler on there will be one in the top side in the middle that will not line up so youll have 1 bolt left over, it wont hurt a thing and after you see where its at youll understand why. its one of my favorite mods I ve did and pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Just back from the guys at Stack Performance. They didnt take long at all to put this on for me. I really like it better than the SRT 8 spoiler.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Looks great, sure makes your smoked sidemarker lights standout too
Thanks Highwayflyer, it was an inexpensive mod and helps with the red/black theme.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts