Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
LIKE!!!!!

Would be even cooler if you could get a sheet of Carbon Fiber pre made, ruler flat, water jet it and do the same thing, would at least save a couple pounds and be a little more dynamic in appearance because of the weave.. But again... LIKE!!!!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
maybe in the future I'll explore a cf solution, I know I've got one guy that really wants to use it in a track situation, but they don't seem to allow aluminum plate as the material, it has to be something that could break away if it hit something, and aluminum has the potential to take chunks out of the street I suppose is their concerns. Will see what can be done, but for now, we have this.

what it's for is increasing the downforce on the front end, more than the new 2011 spoiler does vs. the 08-10' spoiler. it doesn't stick out too much, more would make it more effective, but for the street, this should work fine and not have you parking too far away from the concrete parking bumper/curb.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
company that sells the support rods will also make you a custom splitter, out of material that is allowed out on a road course if folks are actually interested in legal functionality. The aluminum plate I have works, but not legal on a road course.
APR Performance - Custom Front Wind Splitter

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I still really like that splitter .....

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the installer that had mine made was charging $400 for painted, not shipped. I would look around and see if there is anybody closeby that could waterjet one out for you locally, as shipping was going to be a major pain in the ass with the size of it, and the packaging had to be really solid to make sure it didn't get bent to hell in transit.

·
Vendor
13,395 Posts
have a customer that wants a splitter badly and we are contracting a supplier to make a few of them in order to get the price down,

would be made of tegris, which is the same stuff nascar uses for their front splitter, im waiting for an exact price, we are guessing somewhere in the 500 to 600 range,

anyone interested???

Luke

·
Vendor
13,395 Posts
have a customer that wants a splitter badly and we are contracting a supplier to make a few of them in order to get the price down,

would be made of tegris, which is the same stuff nascar uses for their front splitter, im waiting for an exact price, we are guessing somewhere in the 500 to 600 range,

anyone interested???

Luke
The manufacturer got back to me, 525 with 1/4 inch tegris material, same material as the NASCAR splitter are from, guessing 30/40 to ship

Any interest???

Luke

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Im interested Luke ......will it come with the support rods??????

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.