Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to build/price a 2011 SRT on cars.com and I am confused about the wheel selection. I see the following 2 choices:

• 20" x 9" SRT Aluminum w/Painted Pocket - Included - Sales Code WP9 -- The silver wheels feature painted accents incorporated into the design of the wheel.
  • 20" x 9" Aluminum for - $250 - Sales Code WPA --The front and rear wheels are silver in color.
I want the same wheel coming on the IE - the one with the black painted pockets and with the "SRT" etched into the spoke. Would this be the first choice listed? Why would the non-painted ones be $250 more?

What further adds to my confusion is in the "2011 Challenger Information thread" where it states that the IE wheels are sales code WPA - not WP9.

SRT8 Options:

1. 20X9.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WPA) (included with 392 Edition Group)​
Which one of these choices is the correct one so that I get the same wheel that is seen coming on the IE's? HELP?! See the picture below for the IE wheel.

JFF

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,969 Posts
The 20" wheel with painted pockets is what is offered on the IE 392 SRT8.

The all silver SRT 20" is the wheel that has been standard on the regular production '08 -'10 Challenger SRT8s (non-Furious Fuchsia STR8...those had another variation on the '08-'10 wheel)

...yet more confusion from the Dodge site...how fun. I had forgot the wkjeeps site had all the wheels for 2011 with the sales codes.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
See what I mean? One person says one thing and the other says the other? LOL

Maybe ResumeSpeed could chime in here and clear this up for us?

JFF

·
Registered
39 Posts
Correct. You want WPA, NOT WP9!! There are photos available somewhere on this site, but I did thorough research since I ordered the WPA's with my Black SRT being built. They come on the IE's too. WPA only.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Here's the bigger link via RS. I'm pretty sure it's the WPA's and not the WP3's you're lookin' for according to the chart. Also, I believe neither adds anything to your purchase price. Just a choice. Though the WPA's aren't standard & must be specified (on non-IE 2011 SRT's).

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Challenger/2011_Challenger_wheels_01.jpg

edit: I think you misread the information thread as well. States the WPA's are 392 edition group...
SRT8 Options:

1. 20X9.0 ALUMINUM WHEELS (WPA) (included with 392 Edition Group)
2nd edit: or I misread your txt - cars.com, eh... I'd go with what RS says and or double check with the dealer to be sure.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, after looking at the wkjeeps image, it does look like the WPA wheels are the ones I want. BUT I still have 2 more questions then:

First, what are the WP9 wheels when doing a build that are not shown in the wkjeeps picture? I can see the WP3 wheels are the original SRT wheels we have had for years on the Challenger, but what are the WP9 wheels?

Also, why are the WPA wheels showing as $250 more, but everyone says they shouldn't cost anything extra? I actually did have two dealers near me write up a potential car I am looking to order and they BOTH show WPA wheels with a $250 charge.

JFF

·
Registered
402 Posts
I am scannerless at the moment, but am looking at a dealer build sheet with WPA's at $0.00.

Also, just fyi, the 730n media center shows as an additional $590. Don't think I've seen that anywhere else. :)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Man I hope some one sales these after they get their IE, I dunno why Dodge never went with the fully polished SRT rim before! Looks way better!

·
Banned
863 Posts
Man I hope some one sales these after they get their IE, I dunno why Dodge never went with the fully polished SRT rim before! Looks way better!
I like the fully polished wheel of the Superbees better. The black pockets makes the wheel look thin. I like thickness when it comes to wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am scannerless at the moment, but am looking at a dealer build sheet with WPA's at $0.00.

Also, just fyi, the 730n media center shows as an additional $590. Don't think I've seen that anywhere else. :)
Yes, I had two different dealers print out a POC for me on cars that are in the system for build now that they ordered earlier this month. They clearly show the WPA wheels on the order for $250. They also show the new 730N media center for $590 also.

It "appears" that Dodge is now charging to get the WPA wheels - unless we should be using the WP9 sales code instead? Still not sure what those are.

JFF

·
Banned
863 Posts
Man I love the challenger but must admit Dodge is so wacky with this type of info or updating their web site. I don't know why marketing things that are so easy and important is hard for them to do?:scratchhead:

It's almost FEB and THEY STILL have "coming soon" for the 2011 Challenger.:disgust:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Yes, I had two different dealers print out a POC for me on cars that are in the system for build now that they ordered earlier this month. They clearly show the WPA wheels on the order for $250. They also show the new 730N media center for $590 also.

It "appears" that Dodge is now charging to get the WPA wheels - unless we should be using the WP9 sales code instead? Still not sure what those are.

JFF
ok, now that's odd. Mine is a bit dated (1/5/11), but... well, weird. May finally hammer down next week & pull the trigger - will update with any new info if I get any.

·
Registered
329 Posts
SRT wheels are as follows.
1. Standard SRT wheels.
2. Only option is the same ones that came on FF. They are the standard SRT wheels except they have a black background and not silver (standard SRT).
I too wanted the IE wheels but they are not an option that you can pick. Wheel book said they are standard on the IE.

·
Registered
402 Posts
1. Standard SRT wheels.
2. Only option is the same ones that came on FF. They are the standard SRT wheels except they have a black background and not silver (standard SRT).
I too wanted the IE wheels but they are not an option that you can pick. Wheel book said they are standard on the IE.
Hmm... was pretty sure that was one of the complaints that the IE 392 package people were kind of upset about - in that the WPA's (IE wheels) were available to all - & as far as my build sheet from the dealer shows, available to non-IE SRT's & free of charge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
WPA wheels are the same exact wheels as in the pictures above and what the IE has. The WP3 wheels are the same wheels the SRT's have had since they've been out. The WP9 wheels are the furious fuschia wheels I believe.

I ordered my SRT8 less than a week ago and was not charged for the WPA wheel 'upgrade'. I don't know if they've changed it since then, but it's still showing as a no-cost option on Dodge's website as well.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1. Standard SRT wheels.
I say you are wrong. :)

As I said, I have two POCs from area dealers that clearly show that WPA wheels were ordered for $250. WPA wheels are the IE wheels according to the image posted on wkjeeps. Is it possible the FF black pocket wheels are the WP9 choice we can't identify?

And here is a screencap of the WPA wheels option on New & Used Cars for Sale, Auto Dealers, Car Reviews and Car Finance Advice for an SRT 392 (non IE). As I said, these wheels "now" cost $250 apparently and are no longer a free exchange for the older SRT wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
1. Standard SRT wheels.
Your information is incorrect.:indifferent:
IE wheels are available for SRT8's

1 - 20 of 25 Posts