Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay So obviously it's going to be the 6.4, I get that.
But does anyone really know what the non-IE differences are. I'm primarily concerned about the seats and the Sound System.
When I ordered my SRT8 back in November I got a writeup that said that it would have "Prem Leather Trimmed Bucket seats" as well as a picture of lasts year's with them, so naturally I assumed t would be the same. I heard in an intro video to the 392 that Dodge has hired a new vendor to do their seats. I then called Katzkin (the seat vendor) to ask them if they knew if they were still doing Challengers. I was told that they were still doing them for this year but that they couldn't tell me what the pattern would be like until the end of the month.
I emailed Kicker last night to make sure they were also doing the 2011s. I expect that they are but I was just concerned.

Anyone hear anything about the seats though?

And btw, does anyone know if the dual gray center stripes are the same as the black ones have been? My dealer seemed to think so because there was no black option.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

But does anyone really know what the non-IE differences are.
I'm confused by your question. Are you asking what the difference is between 2011 SRT8s vs 2011 SRT8 IEs or 2010 vs 2011 SRTs?

I email Kicker last night to make sure they were also doing the 2011s. I expect that they are but I was just concerned.
It looks like it still should be Kicker, per the 2011 Challenger Information thread...

SRT OPTION GROUP II (SRT only)
13 SPKRS KICKER SRT HIGH PERF AUDIO (RC5)
200 WATT KICKER SRT SUBWOOFER (RFF)
322 WATT KICKER SRT AMPLIFIER (RFC)

Keep in mind if you don't order the Option Grp II it has Boston Acoustics for the speakers.

I can't comment anything about the seats but I'm guessing they'll look like the 2010 SRT8 seats.

If you're curious about other changes for 2011 SRT8s (IE and non-IE)
Nose has been revised
Stripes are the full body length just like the IEs but in different colors.
Different rims (WPA)
392 badging on side of car
Quad outlet exhaust tips (unconfirmed for non-ie)
Suspension adjustments to improve handling
Different steering ratio
Different steering wheel (3 spoke)

That's all I can think of. :)

·
Vendor
348 Posts
Would be cool to see the quad outlet exhaust tips be factory replacements for the previous years tips for those who utilize those. I know my wife would like to see them on her '10

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
The one I looked at in Katy Texas had dark seats backs with white inserts on the front and bottom sections, including bolsters, it also has twin stripes on the bottom and front sections in blue with blue 392 logo above, Headrests are white.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
The one I looked at in Katy Texas had dark seats backs with white inserts on the front and bottom sections, including bolsters, it also has twin stripes on the bottom and front sections in blue with blue 392 logo above, Headrests are white.
Yup those are the IE SRTs seats. He was asking about the Non-IE seats...I think ;)

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the confusion. It was the differences between the 2010 SRT8 and the 2011 SRT8.
I did get Option Group II.

My only other concern was for the "Dual Gray Center Stripes". I'm going in to see my dealer this week to change to the 6-speed and need to know if the stripes are different than the black that was on the '08-'10s because there was no black option. Anyone know?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Aren't these the same exhaust tips that were used on the '10 FF SRT8?
Yes they are the same as the '10 FF SRT8 exhaust tips and are available for order through your dealer.

Also add that the engine control module is apparently different now.

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
They are making 10 special edition Jimmy Kowalski editions signed by Barry Newman and Bob Frederick. Anyone lucky enough to get on of these will likely get the Smithsonian knocking at your door will wanting it..Any forum member lucky to win the award to purchase this car Please Stand UP!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts