Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that may care the New 2011 Challenger SRT8 is Awesome. Comparing it to my 2009 SRT8, they are 2 different Animals, the 2011 is faster (a lot faster), it handles better, the wife says it rides better. I have the IE so it looks better, Interior is a lot nicer, they fixed a lot of the things that needed to be fixed and the build quality is great. If you are thinking about one get it you won't be sorry.

Jack

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm working on getting one right now, so that is music to my ears. Thanks for the post. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I waited until they changed the suspension and added at least "a little more power" before I swapped up from a Mustang. I always loved the look of the car, it was the handling and lack of power that held me back.
I see all that has changed for 2011 so now one is in my garage.
I do not miss the cramped Mustang, sore back after a long ride, or aching balls from bouncing.
BEAUTIFUL car and being a FORD guy I will admit that this is one AWESOME vehicle.
I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
157 Posts
For those of you that may care the New 2011 Challenger SRT8 is Awesome. Comparing it to my 2009 SRT8, they are 2 different Animals, the 2011 is faster (a lot faster), it handles better, the wife says it rides better. I have the IE so it looks better, Interior is a lot nicer, they fixed a lot of the things that needed to be fixed and the build quality is great. If you are thinking about one get it you won't be sorry.

Jack
Congrats on your new SRT8, I guess with the cars you've owned you are the right guy to review this new 392 Challenger.

I have to admit when I've heard about the new 392 I was tempted and the first thing I did was to take the calculator and see how much $ I need to pay in addition to the value of my '10 SRT8. But I think its a harder decision to buy the SRT now than before. I'm not a Mopar enthusiast but I liked the Challenger 1 for its looks and 2 for the SRT power. when I bought it in 9/2009 it was comparable to the competition in terms of performance, faster than the GT a bit slower than the SS. But now with the 5.0 boss and the ZL1 around the corner I just can't convince myself to buy the slower muscle car.
Although there has been a lot speculation about the 392 power, I guess I'll wait to see the numbers and maybe some comparison reviews. Maybe I'll be in the market for a 2012 392!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts