Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer just got their 1st 392 Challenger in so I stopped by tonight to take a look at it. The car was locked up so I couldn't get inside but the salesman told me that there is more head clearance for the sunroof on the 2011s. The 09 and 10's had a ridge that came down right on your head which didn't work for me since I'm 6'4". Just by looking at it the "ridge" seems to be smaller on this 2011 392, can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
2010 Challenger SRT 6spd detonator yellow
512 Posts
that salesman is a jackass top of the interior is flat along the headliner line no protrusions......

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Hmmm..I am 6'3" never had any issue in mine...no leaks either!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm in a charger obviously but my sunroof has never bothered me. I am 6'4" as well but I ride a little raked back. If you want it get it. Unless you are proportioned so that you have a really long torso you should be fine.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I hope it's better. I was looking at a 2010, but since like 90% of Challengers have sunroofs, I couldn't find what I liked, and I really need the clearance too (I'm 6'1').

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i voted against the sun roof because the 2010 i test drove has tight...it seemed 3-4" extra.......and i think the back seat ceiling is tighter too...

i want head space....sun roofs are over rated...my last car had one and i think i used it less than 15x over 4 years

·
Registered
478 Posts
The only thing I don't like about a sunroof for'11 is the way the stripes stop and restart on the roof of the car on the SRTs.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sunroof is different on the Chargers, don't know why they put those big "humps" in the Challenger. Just from eyeballing it they did look smaller on the 2011 392.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think the sunroof issue is dependent on how you sit/how you're proportioned. I'm only 6' 1" and had the problem of my hair brushing against the sunroof ridge(short hair, not a fro or a mohawk).

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I'm 6'4" and there's plenty of room in my car.
Salesguy needs to unlock the car & sit in the thing before making stupid statements.
Only way to be sure is to sit in the car and be certain.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've sat in a 2010, I don't fit unless I put the seat way back. I like sunroofs so that is why I was curious about the 2011s.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Of all the personal preferences on these cars, I think the sun roof is the most controversial. I came from a convertible, so I have my sun roof open all the time and leave it open all day at work if there is not threat of rain. I know some say a bird will want to by my car by leaving a deposit. That is what paper towels are for. I even keep the slide retracted all year. Then, there is a woman friend of mine who has a Ponitac with a sun roof and even shuts the slide cuz she hates the sun roof. To each his/her own. I wonder if some people are self conscious when test driving these. After you get the seat adjusted and if you get in without even thinking of the lowered roof, you just might fit. Ever notice how you are taller in the morning and all scrunched down on the way home from work? Think about it.

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
im 6'6" and i have a sunroof. hair has touched the hump if im having a bad hair day but for the most part, it doesnt touch. i would have preferred not having the sunroof though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts