Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
I heard thru the grapevine Mopar will have a surprise at Sema!!
Well, I will be up at SEMA that whole week.... so I can scope things out and report back with any news.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
mileage is stored in the pcm, also stored in the evic, same as the vin number, one of the ways we know it as been changed or tuned, we also use fuel economy perimeters, for example mileage versus fuel consumed must add up to a resonable #, if not been caught, its much easyer to cheat with the diesel pcms, however the mileage calculation always speaks the truth......also records number of flashes

if the dealer really wants to, they can figure it out

dont let anyone fool you otherwise

Luke
i guess things have changed in the years. good info

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
i guess things have changed in the years. good info
he explained it a lot better than i did, but we were saying the same thing.

i've seen it once already with Dodge (former SRT4 owner).

there were 2 ways of "saving miles" on an SRT4.

(1) there was a freaking fuse you could pull straight from the fuse box on the side of the steering wheel and it would kill the ENTIRE gauge cluster - you couldn't see how fast you were going, couldn't see RPMS, you couldn't see fuel consumption and the lights didn't come on at night, but some people didn't care. they would drive for months like that and save tens of thousands of miles on their cars.

(2) you could pull the stock ECU and get a Stage 1, Stage 2 or Stage 3 Mopar ECU for your SRT4. lets say your car had 3800 miles on it when you went with a stage 1 ECU. you run the Stage 1 ECU in your car for 3.5 years and then decide to sell it. well guess what - after you blow off the dust on your stock ECU that has been sitting in the closet for 3 years, you now magically have a 3800 mile SRT4...................

seriously...........

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I changed PCMs in my 01 Grand Am gt with one that had a custom tune on it. but my ODO never changed. it was stored somewhere else. I thought all cars worked that way.

·
Banned
5,786 Posts
So to answer your question regarding tuning for the 2011, YES< there is with a simple PCM swap and 10 minutes!!! Good times indeed!

·
Registered
382 Posts
If I blow this engine, which I doubt, I'll just upgrade to stronger internals. No biggie

·
Registered
678 Posts
If I blow this engine, which I doubt, I'll just upgrade to stronger internals. No biggie
What he said. If it blows, well then it gets repaired with better internals. Those that want to commit fraud, well that is your choice.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, I will be up at SEMA that whole week.... so I can scope things out and report back with any news.

I will be at Sema to.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #229 ·
So to answer your question regarding tuning for the 2011, YES< there is with a simple PCM swap and 10 minutes!!! Good times indeed!

No, thats not tuning........

Thats hoping for the best that your car likes a canned tune. (all 3 of my Dodges, that I could tune, hated canned tunes and NEEDED CUSTOM tuning to gain anything)

Tuning is being able to adjust what you want, when you want to without having to send a PCM thousands of miles. Just saying.:thanks:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts

Thats hoping for the best that your car likes a canned tune. (all 3 of my Dodges, that I could tune, hated canned tunes and NEEDED CUSTOM tuning to gain anything)

Tuning is being able to adjust what you want, when you want to without having to send a PCM thousands of miles. Just saying.:thanks:
The B&G tune is a canned tune - but it's a tune nonetheless. And the customer does have an 91/93 octane option at the time of ordering

What the B&G tune is not - is a hand-held tuner. The vast majority of owners who purchase a hand-held tuner will install the canned tune with options for 91/93 octane, CAI and cat-back and they won't touch a thing afterward. This is essentially what the B&G tune delivers.

Does B&G offer custom tune? Yes - go to their shop in Michigan. Is it inconvenient that B&G is the only aftermarket business able to custom tune 2011+ Chrysler products? Yes - but that doesn't make it any less true.

Sure - everyone wants a hand-held DS tuner so they can go to the tuner shop of their choice and get a custom CMR tune or even do data-logging and mail-order tunes. I'm not debating that - a hand-held would be great for that, and I'm not at all implying B&G can offer those things. But a hand-held tuner for 2011+ Chrysler doesn't exist - B&G is the only game in town, and if we're talking semantics, the B&G PCM tune is a tune (just like any other canned tune), and they do offer custom tuning, potential geographical inconvenience notwithstanding.

·
Registered
http://www.dragtimes
1,899 Posts

Agreed it is a canned tune. I look at it as an enabler more so than a tune. LTs, cat delete or hiflow cats, >87mm TB etc. with no CELs.
To me, worth every penny. Others maybe not so much. To each their own.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Blown7, Please don't start your negitive comments based on the little information that you have recived by your Chrysler contacts , these pcm's are not worthless and won't be after November either. SRT LLC. will always offer a revised Tune that will be more refined and offer less restrictions which allows for more aftermarket upgrade options. So no worries about November no matter what happens.
Soooo after a month! Wow... new news.

What were you saying about those big dollar PCM's again? How much are they worth? That the value would always be there??

Maybe I should pick a 2011+ Tuned PCM up now and really see how much was changed in the B&G tune.
Still not worried? :icon_aetsch:

Maybe now you should run back to obscurity again....

·
Registered
724 Posts
Diablo broke the code
You are on the wrong thread
The trinity will support 2011-2013 tunes
People are ordering them now across the board !

·
Registered
217 Posts
Diablo broke the code
You are on the wrong thread
The trinity will support 2011-2013 tunes
People are ordering them now across the board !
Yess!!!

Browsed DiabloSports forums for confirmation, because this news is too good to be true (fortunately, apparently not). Hit up ProCharger also to see when they aim to start sales.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts