Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how much lower the the 2011 SRT is than a stock 2010 SRT? I am trying to copy a friends wheel/tire set-up, which is tight on their 2010 and concerned that it will still fit on my 2011 SRT. Thanks.

·
Banned
863 Posts
I measured 1/2" drop on the 2011's. I read a while back that it was lowered a bit but it is not documented too much. I can confirm it is about 1/2" lower with my measurements... fyi - and the 2010 srt had about 4k miles. The 2011 was new and might settle another 1/4.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hellraiser.

·
Banned
863 Posts
Thanks Hellraiser.
No problem Thingfish. At least you appreciate my efforts.
My wife was covering her face in the car when I busted out the tape measure at the dealership...as if the family cat just died.
I guess she still don't get it after all these years.:guiness:

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Can anyone tell me how much lower the the 2011 SRT is than a stock 2010 SRT? I am trying to copy a friends wheel/tire set-up, which is tight on their 2010 and concerned that it will still fit on my 2011 SRT. Thanks.

Suppose to be one half inch lower

Jim

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem Thingfish. At least you appreciate my efforts.
My wife was covering her face in the car when I busted out the tape measure at the dealership...as if the family cat just died.
I guess she still don't get it after all these years.:guiness:

HA! I can picture that perfectly in my mind. You sir have gone above and beyond! thanks again.

Suppose to be one half inch lower

Jim
Thank you too Jim!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just courious what everyones ride hight is on their 2011 SRT. The front on mine is 29.5 and the rear 30.875. I only have about 180 miles on it so hopefully it will settle some.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Just courious what everyones ride hight is on their 2011 SRT. The front on mine is 29.5 and the rear 30.875. I only have about 180 miles on it so hopefully it will settle some.

From where to where are you measuring? It would be most useful to measure to points reproducible by all owners, say from the hub centerline to the lip of the fender. That way tire size and pressure don't come into play.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The car was on a drive on lift that I checked to make sure it was level. I then measured from the lift to the lip of the wheel well. The line I used ran thru the center of the cap. As the surface was level used a carpenters square to make sure that the my measurement line was plumb. Tire pressure was 32lbs. Just courious, my GWE does seem to sit lower than RT's but I would like to lower it 1.25-1.5" front and rear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts