Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Challenger 3.6 Pentastar with engine oil in the cooling system. We thought it was a cylinder head gasket failure or oil cooler failure. However, the cylinder head appears not to be the problem. We tested he cylinder heads cold and hot to 30-80 psi. What could be the cause?

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
There is a 2012 Challanger 3.6 pantastar the engine cooling water is full of engine oil. We thought this cylinder head gasket failure or the oil cooler failure. but it looks not at fault in the cylinder head, we have got under pressing the cylinder heads cold and hot too and press them 30-80 psi.. Where to even up the oil flow to the engine cooling water

Is this vehicle being diagnosed at a dealer?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
You may not see a head gasket problem or a head crack till the engine is HOT, that high pressure is coming from somewhere and I vote from the combustion chamber(s).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we have made cylinder heads pressure test in cold and in hot. I am affraid you are right the trouble is somvhere combustion chamber .

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
How did you test HOT? The correct way to diagnose this is a combustion chamber leakdown test, pressure test the cooling system and test the coolant for hydrocarbons with test paper. Many times the leak happens at high heat when a crack opens up from the heat or the head gasket is just beginning to let go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have taken the cylinders and oil cooler to an special mechanikal shop they are an engine rebulding company they made the pressure test in cold and hot too beetwen 30-120 psi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts