Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a mid muffler delete for my 2012 R/T Classic, 5.7, Automatic Transmission. Of all the cars I test drove (mostly manual trans) when I bought this car a year ago, I was always a bit disappointed that mine had the quietest exhaust. I was apprehensive about getting any kind of drone and wanted to do something reversible if I didn't like it, the MM delete turned out better than I expected. The local muffler shop I use gets challengers all time (5 this week) and said the sound improvement on mine with a simple delete was better than most, didn't give any specific reason.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
2015 Challenger RT/STP A8
203 Posts
Finally pulled the trigger on a mid muffler delete for my 2012 R/T Classic, 5.7, Automatic Transmission. Of all the cars I test drove (mostly manual trans) when I bought this car a year ago, I was always a bit disappointed that mine had the quietest exhaust. I was apprehensive about getting any kind of drone and wanted to do something reversible if I didn't like it, the MM delete turned out better than I expected. The local muffler shop I use gets challengers all time (5 this week) and said the sound improvement on mine with a simple delete was better than most, didn't give any specific reason.

Before:

After:

I had also gone the mid muffler delete route on my 2015 challenger rt. It definitely wakes the car up more! Glad your happy with your mod. Had that for about a year and a half did not like sound at higher rpms. The tipping point was when I visited my friend in San Jose and heard his 2017 challenger ta with the active exaust and man that sounded good!

After much research I finally decided to purchase the Solo X Pipe system! WHAT A DIFFERENCE! I now feel that I drive a true muscle car! It has given my car a louder exaust without drone!

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
Nice, sounds a lot better. When I did my 2015 R/T I swapped the mufflers out for Thrush Welded Mufflers (kinda like a Flowmaster) and deleted the resonators, now it sounds better but I am thinking about deleting the mufflers too but I am a little worried it will sound like a pick up truck with a bad exhaust system until I get around to putting headers on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts