1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 r/t 5.7 power steering issues/electric windows issues

•••
Please reply asap please!!!
Excuse me for sounding that I don't know what I'm talking about but I really don't. My Challenger I have inherited from my husband who passed away 3 years ago. I had not drove it much since then and after it has been parked for almost year when I went to started her up and pull it out of the driveway this summer there was no Power steering. After several discussions with couple of my neighbors they suggested that it could be a fuse problem or it could need fluid. and theres no way for me to add fluid unless you take off the tire on the passenger side. So...I had it towed to the dealership, in addition to the ps problem....both windows go up n down after u walk away causing a dead battery everytime. This is the 2nd time , except this time it's both. So several recalls...alternator , airbags and now they say it needs a ps pump and it spewed and caused damage to the rack. My car only has 34k miles to its name. Of course the warranty expired, through my insane amount of paperwork...it slipped through the cracks. $2600 to fix power steering, and 1200 to fix windows...battery...detailing. round it to 5k. Any feedback would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I find it interesting that the windows would cycle after the car is off. Normally there is a relay (accessory delay relay) that removes power the window switches after the engine is shut off so even if the switch was bad they would not operate. Could be the door module is defective as it directly controls the window motors and seems to be powered all the time.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Did mice get to it? Modern cars do not seem to sit well. They need to run monthly or so just keep the fluids moving and vaporize any water that condensed. Which is what seems to have happened. You really do not have too many choices here with getting it serviced. However I would drive it much more often and if you don't at least warm it up monthly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts