Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a coolant leak in my 2012 and I found where the collant is leaking out of but I don't know how to fix it. Pictures provided.

Auto part
Floor Flooring Table Tile

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
are you certain that's coolant?

there's a condensate drain from the heater core /evaporator - when the A/C system is running, it will produce condensate - that drain is in the firewall, at the rear of the engine where it meets the bell housing of the transmission

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely coolant. Had a puddle of green under the spot so I flushed it woth water and thats where it came out, idk where else it could be leaking from

·
Super Moderator
17,238 Posts
Definitely coolant. Had a puddle of green under the spot so I flushed it woth water and thats where it came out, idk where else it could be leaking from
Challengers don't use the old ethylene glycol ("green stuff") coolant. There aren't any fluids green in color used.

ATF would be pink, p/s fluid is clear color and brake fluid (when new) is a very pale yellow / almost clear - it turns darker as it ages

your '12 would coolant that would probably appear red in color - the reservoir on driver's side would also have coolant in there as well (to verify color).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts