Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that Dodge really spent a lot of time improving 80% of their line for 2011. Frankly, I think they did a fabulous job. Unfortunately that didn't include many improvements to the Challenger besides the 392 (which is pretty cool). Do you guys think we'll see an interior redesign for the 2012 Challengers? With the announcement of the 2012 Charger SRT8, I could see them incorporating the changes they should have made on the '11 for the '12 (8.4" display media center, new steering wheel etc). Do you agree?

I can't see them doing many changes to the exterior since I think that's what really makes the Challenger. Maybe some more wheel options? If they make changes to the exterior, what would you like to see done?

It seems to me that Dodge simply ran out of time retooling for the 2011 MY. I can't believe how long it took them to announce the 2011's. Hopefully the Challenger will see large strides in 2012.

·
Premium Member
3,873 Posts
If you go back in the day the changes were not huge from year to year, but yes they did do some grill mods tail lights etc.

maybe a little more on the interior, or offer a few more options etc. But also ya know the LXs are all the same plant, so to retro the mods etc it is a major mod and HUGE $$$ to implement.

I just hope they are still making em in 2012 etc.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Actually they made a ton of tweaks that you don't see. Check out the video link below from the head of design Ralph Giles as they drive a pre-production GWE Challenger in California. My guess is the interior redo will be for 2012 and probably the tail lights will go LED like the Charger.

·
Registered
683 Posts
If indeed the speculation that the 8 speed transmission will not make the 2012, the main appeal to waiting for the 2012 are better colors. I don't see anything so "must have" in the Charger interior.

Also, steel prices are rising. Auto prices have to go up, you already see the price of home appliances (washers, dryers, etc) starting to rise.

·
Registered
276 Posts
The only cool thing about 2012 is the 8 speed tranny.

·
Registered
32 Posts
LMFAO Im in the new posts screen and I saw the title and thought of a end of the world thread lol...

·
Registered
653 Posts
If they do update the Nav and screen for 2012 I'll just buy the new system. And as for the 8-speed, I'll wait until my warranty runs out and then install it.

·
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Davi☠Rotten;750396 said:
LMFAO Im in the new posts screen and I saw the title and thought of a end of the world thread lol...
Ha ha ha. That's funny. It does sound bad.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
If they do update the Nav and screen for 2012 I'll just buy the new system. And as for the 8-speed, I'll wait until my warranty runs out and then install it.
If you are referring to the new 8.4" screen that's in the 2011 Charger and 300 it won't fit in the Challenger, physically or electronically. You can, however, update to the new RHR nav radio which is replacing the outgoing RER.

·
Registered
48 Posts
How about offering different color interiors, Ford and Chevy both let you choose from 3 or more different interior choices where as the SRT8 Challenger gets black, I believe it will be the same on the Charger SRT-8. Let me see, I get to pay more money and have less options to drive a Dodge. How does this make sense? The scary thing is even with the fewer exterior and interior color options I still want a 6.4 over the competition so I guess I am stuck with the take it or leave it argument. Hey Dodge how about giving people that are willing to pay $45k a few options when it comes to colors? I still have not heard a rational answer to this question.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How about offering different color interiors, Ford and Chevy both let you choose from 3 or more different interior choices where as the SRT8 Challenger gets black, I believe it will be the same on the Charger SRT-8. Let me see, I get to pay more money and have less options to drive a Dodge. How does this make sense? The scary thing is even with the fewer exterior and interior color options I still want a 6.4 over the competition so I guess I am stuck with the take it or leave it argument. Hey Dodge how about giving people that are willing to pay $45k a few options when it comes to colors? I still have not heard a rational answer to this question.
Camaro gives you the cartoon transformer body with chintzy cheap
hard plastic interior no matter what color it is.

Shelby IMO has nicest interior but is about 7-10K more &
still looks like a chicks car.

I agree choices would be nice but considering the company was
bankrupt it's amazing they pulled off a new certified motor
all new suspension & several interior tweeks for the chally
not to mention all new Charger, 300, Grand Cherokee , Durango,
200 & interior improvements to lots of the jeep line.

With the crap going on in the N. Africa + middle east & the oil cartels
jonsing for 5-6 dollar gas
They could seriously put this company out of business unless Fiat
really busts their rears & gets the 500 & other small cars here ASAP

·
Registered
653 Posts
I ordered mine with the RHR. I'm really glad that there's no real difference between '11s and '12s. Now I don't have to worry about what I'm missing out on if I don't wait a year. Then again, it might take until 2012 for my 392 to finally get here.
Really don't see a problem with the Challenger interior, probably one of the selling points for me. It's the best looking interior from any of the American companies, what color would you possibly could look better than black on this car?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Is the RHR a direct swap for the RER. Seems like you'll be poising the UConnect phone button by doing this on a pre 2011 model without the gadgets/gizmos steering wheel

·
Registered
653 Posts
The RHR is an option just like the RER is. RHR is now 730N and RER is 430N. The only real difference I can see between the two is going to be the voice control.

·
Premium Member
2,418 Posts
The RHR is an option just like the RER is. RHR is now 730N and RER is 430N. The only real difference I can see between the two is going to be the voice control.
The RHR and RER are both 730N. The Garmin is the 430N. Currently for the Challenger (and some other models) the RHR is the ONLY nav radio that can be ordered due to supply constraints.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts