Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I had bought this 2012 SxT Dodge Challenger in December 2020 ,

Problem with the car is it makes this noise while I'm driving idling or even in park, I could cold start it not drive it anywhere and in about 5-10 minutes it will start making this squeaky noise its not from the Mufflers not that I think of here is a video I uploaded on YouTube if you guys need another video I can post it.

I mean I loved the car for about a week or two now I'm at the point where I don't even want the car anymore.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,330 Posts
I dont hear anything major, you need to pin point the noise, and that will help determine the issue...
IF its from the dash its an easy fix, if its some where else under hood cant hear it, I hear your chime over everything else
Have you also checked the Vin for recalls ? If there is any call local dealer get them fixed at no cost.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Sounds.like it's coming from the front on the engine, like it's a pulley. If you could get a more direct video of the front of the engine.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
Very hard to diagnosis from afar. That sounds like a very electronic device noise. Seems to be regularly timed beeps. You really need to track it down then see area where it's coming from. Almost sounds like some sort of aftermarket device was installed, and it's beeping.

I assume it doesn't make the beep when off? How about when it's turned to Run, but not started?

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very hard to diagnosis from afar. That sounds like a very electronic device noise. Seems to be regularly timed beeps. You really need to track it down then see area where it's coming from. Almost sounds like some sort of aftermarket device was installed, and it's beeping.

I assume it doesn't make the beep when off? How about when it's turned to Run, but not started?

A Guy

Thanks for the help I appreciate it , makes the sound when I am idling or driving slow when the car is off does not make the sound , this could be the electronic device noise?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
I have never seen anyone post here with that exact noise. I'm sure it's unique to your car. Really need to track down where this noise is coming from. If not you, then a mechanic.

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This really sucks I cannot figure it out they sold me the car from Dodge dealership which is the sad part, they knew about the sound but acted like the mechanics couldn't hear anything guessing there deaf tone.... :/

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,762 Posts
I'm sorry, if you're expecting someone to say "it's this, do this", you won't get it. You have a completely unique problem, and really haven't said you've done anything to track down exactly where the beep is coming from. If you aren't able to, you'll need to have someone do it

A Guy

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,330 Posts
Take it to a Local and Reputable Shop to get it checked over and thats best we can do for you... The Beep sounds like a ALARM someone installed don't hear any grinding or anything else out of norm. Local shop is where to go and get it examined by a professional who can also put a ODBII Scanner on it and check it over best of luck to you .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts