Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies and gentlemens unfortunately i had to join this group because i have a issue with my car earlier today i was driving my car exeting the highway and my car just stalled and everything shut off on the car like if the battery went completely dead!! Now my car doesnt start or even crank! The oil level is ok i put a new battery i tried to jump start it and nothing! The only thing the car does is click like when the battery is dead or crank over for less than a second then nothing the car just got to 100k miles the car has no modifications. Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Do you have lights, etc.? Does the dash light up, or still completely dead, zero sign of life? I'd be looking at a ground strap issue perhaps

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car said 0 miles when i first pit the key in then it went back to the 100k miles but there is no check engine light and the lights go off when i try to crank the car

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Your radio works? Seat belt chime? Voltage confirmed at battery? I'd still be looking for a ground issue

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes everything works untill i turn the key thats where im stuck figuring out the problem

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,743 Posts
Possibilities from the actual ignition, starter, etc. I'm off, but certainly others will chime in soon

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2011 SXT Built in the Canada Plant
2,324 Posts
Check the Recalls for your Car the Alternator might have a Recall my 2011 did and the Wiring Harness for Seats and Air Bag . Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More
Sounds like the new Battery might also be bad need to have it tested where ever you got it AutoZone, Napa, O'Rilies, Pep Bpys, Advanced etc., a Click usually means not enough Amps in the Battery. When an Alternator is on its way out a new Battery is not gonna make a difference to its charging. Run the Vin on that page or call local Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge dealer and have then check your vin schedule it for Recalls to be addressed usually they will order the parts so when they are in they jump right to it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
896 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You may want to check and see if the new battery is fully charged. Many times they have a 80% charge that is usually enough to start the vehicle, then the battery gets charged the rest of the way driving the car. Several times recently I have replaced batteries that required them to be charged before they would start the vehicle. I would also check the terminals to make sure they are tight and clean and look at the grounds. Good luck 👍

·
Premium Member
2,989 Posts
Your alternator does have a recall on it. If your battery was the original, then you might have 2 losers there. That fact that everything works until you turn the key sounds like the new battery is weak. If you try to jump start a car, you need high quality jumper cables, not some cheap set that has thin cables.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts