Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at purchasing a used 2012 RT ,I tried to run the Vin to figure out what model of RT the car is ,but the 5-6 digit does not seem correct?It isYB.The Challenger has white stripes on side of car and RT but no other badging?Another issue I found was when you push on the front fenders they clunk a little and move.
The vehicle is at reputable dealership.They claim no accidents.But there was claim for vandalism.($1500)The car looks very clean and appears well kept.
Can you direct me to a place to get more detail on the VIN ?

Thanks
Rewind

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Download and install the myCARFAX app on your phone or tablet. You’ll need to create an account using a valid email address to use it, but it’s free and doesn’t blast you with spam later because of it.

Open the app and sign in, now go to the Garage and add a new vehicle, using the car’s VIN. Click search or Okay or whatever, and the app should pop up a confirmation asking if the target car is the one you’re trying to add. Click yes/confirm and let it load.

You now have access to all the car’s reported service history items as well as the ability to see if any recalls are outstanding on it...all for free I might add.

I don’t believe the car’s options as built are listed in the app, but you can get its build sheet from Dodge in PDF format. Just search “buildsheet VIN” here on the site and you should get a few hits on posts that contain a web link you can copy and paste (and appending with your car’s VIN) to have the buildsheet automagically generated in your browser for you.

·
Super Moderator
12,495 Posts
Post up the ad, or the Vin# and we'll try to help. Or try both Window Sticker and Build sheet here:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,039 Posts
Since this is a used car, stripes could have been added aftermarket, or badges could have been added or deleted in this case. So you really can't tell by the looks how it came from the factory.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
MEKrunner
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing