Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put my order in for a 2012 last week. Took 6 months to get my 09 built, sure hope it doesn't take that long this time. Anyone else order a 2012 yet?

·
Registered
295 Posts
What color did you order???

·
Super Moderator
17,315 Posts
Its going to be nearly mid-August when the '12 model year production starts up, so keep that in mind for monitoring the build code(s) status.

The '11 model run is winding up during the first week of August.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered mine a few weeks ago, but have been told that theres a restriction on the 2012 HO's so the order cant even be submited untill Aug 15th. I might end up changing my color to black so I can get the car sooner.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Its going to be nearly mid-August when the '12 model year production starts up, so keep that in mind for monitoring the build code(s) status.

The '11 model run is winding up during the first week of August.

I read 12' MY builds started early July and the 11' MY ended same time. I thought it was strange they were so close as I always thought there was a little downtime during re-tooling.

RS posted we should start seeing 12's in the lot 1st week of august (if dealers ordered them cause the 11's by me are NOT selling)

·
Registered
84 Posts
this time I am going with Silver and the black stripe.
Oh yeah...that's the look you want right there. The car is so sweet looking in silver with the black stripes. Sets off the chrome wheels VERY nicely. When the sun shines on it...wow, so nice!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Congrats on the order!! Keep us posted on the updates!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
KZ

Went KZ this morning, delivery estimated Sept. 1st. From July 27th to Sept. 1st, ( 5 weeks) is a lot better than 6 months.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Do the 2012s getting the awesome new steering wheel the SRT does? Man I love that thing. I'm guessing it doesn't, though.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I read 12' MY builds started early July and the 11' MY ended same time. I thought it was strange they were so close as I always thought there was a little downtime during re-tooling.

RS posted we should start seeing 12's in the lot 1st week of august (if dealers ordered them cause the 11's by me are NOT selling)
No not strange at all. Sometimes there is only 10-20 empty carriers going down the assembly line between model years.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Only one gripe

Well I have had her for a few days now and have put a few hundred miles on her. My only gripe right now is the uncomfortable seat. I could drive my 09 for hours, but with the 12 I have to stop after and hour and give my behind a rest. Maybe after a few months the seat will break in and I won't feel like I am setting on a piece of wood.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well I have had her for a few days now and have put a few hundred miles on her. My only gripe right now is the uncomfortable seat. I could drive my 09 for hours, but with the 12 I have to stop after and hour and give my behind a rest. Maybe after a few months the seat will break in and I won't feel like I am setting on a piece of wood.
I'm surprised to hear that. I drive my 2011 RT whenever I can and can sit in it for hours, just as you said you did in your 2009. Do the seats in your 2012 look noticeably different than your 2009, or is it just a different feel to the padding / bolsters?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm surprised to hear that. I drive my 2011 RT whenever I can and can sit in it for hours, just as you said you did in your 2009. Do the seats in your 2012 look noticeably different than your 2009, or is it just a different feel to the padding / bolsters?
My 09 had cloth seats and the 2012 has heated leather seats. The leather seats padding is very stiff.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Odd, I know in 2009 when I checked out the SRT the seat was so uncomfortable I could not stand it but when I checked out the R/T leather it was like I was in a premium lazy boy e.g. comfortable for as long as I sit - hence what I bought. Seat is very important so I hope you get it right. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The seats were changed for 2011, if I remember correctly. I know one of the auto mags complimented the new seats and preferred them to the previous version.

·
Super Moderator
17,315 Posts
new 2012 colors:

Blue Streak (dark blue color)
Header Orange (solid color, no pearl or metallic)
Pitch Black (was late 2011 avail.) - solid black, no pearl

1 - 20 of 24 Posts