Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for the link.

All the new changes are all things that should have been on the Challenger to begin with.

Jmho

·
Registered
105 Posts
These SRT's just keep gettin' better...
That HK must sound great too!
Meh... They put 6x9s in there... Worst possible speaker EVER. Gonna have to call those guys and give them crap about that. LOL

( I used to work in the Acoustic Industry designing loudspeakers for GM, Ford, and Chrysler... I still know all the peeps at Harmon.)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Meh... They put 6x9s in there... Worst possible speaker EVER. Gonna have to call those guys and give them crap about that. LOL

( I used to work in the Acoustic Industry designing loudspeakers for GM, Ford, and Chrysler... I still know all the peeps at Harmon.)
Agree...6" round would have been better choice and less distortion

·
Registered
105 Posts
Agree...6" round would have been better choice and less distortion
Yep... you can drive a lot of stuff with a 6" as long as you make the basket and the enclosure right. But even without getting that stuff right by going from 2 nodal points to a single you dramatically increase the performance of the speaker.

I haven't popped out a Chrysler speaker in just short of a million years but there was a point in time when they were making us go to a polymer basket as opposed to the stamped metal. You got less buzz out of the polymer. Wonder what HK is using these days.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Definitely getting better! Except for the Shelby stripes (an uncreative step backwards to me) all the new enhancements are practical and/or just plain fun! MDS, the new interior (2011+), the HK sound, the paddle shifters, even the heated wheel (for us up north anyway!).

Now if we could just get that backup camera....

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I'd love to drive the 392, but I'd be too scared and want a car I cannot afford. Happy with my RT, but still have always loved the SRT8s, especially the 6.1s.

Looks like some nice changes in 2012. I have the 6 speaker Boston Acoustic (not sure how many watts) but that 12 speaker Harmon Kardon 900 watt must sound like a concert hall!

·
Registered
466 Posts
No picss of the rear-I assume it doesn't say "Dodge" on the taillight panel anymore.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
At least the folks that were looking for paddle shifters got them. Now they can see how useless they are.
Too bad they couldn't make the 8 speed auto available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.