Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger SRT8
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of exhaust does the 2012 SRT 8 come with from the factory. Is it just a mopar exhaust? I read somewhere it was a corsa, is this right?

Thank You

·
Registered
85 Posts
Trust me bro. I have a friend who spend $1200 on a high name cat back exhaust and it sounds nice.

I get my 2014 SRT and go to a personal friend and say "Cut off these mufflers" others call them resonators, others call them mufflers, but they are two huge ...... boxes that are near the exhaust tips. Cut those off. Replace with 2.5 or 3" pipe.

My car sounds way better then the high dollar cat back system, and it's not just my opinion. All our friends say that my car sounds better, tougher, faster and deeper.

No drone. No rattle, a little crackle on the down shifts but I like that crackle noise.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
The factory exhaust is just that factory. Mopar performance does sell and upgraded catback system and that one is manufactured by Corsa just with the Mopar name stamped on it.

·
Registered
6,341 Posts
The factory system is very well designed. Aftermarket cat back exhausts gain little if
anything at all. There is a distinct difference in loudness between the auto's and the
sticks (the sticks are louder). With that said, I spent a fair amount of money on a
Zoomers cat back because I wanted LOUD and MEAN and it delivers in spades!

Did I gain any horsepower? I highly doubt it.. Nor do I care :)

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
What type of exhaust does the 2012 SRT 8 come with from the factory. Is it just a mopar exhaust? I read somewhere it was a corsa, is this right?

Thank You

2.75 in diameter. X-pipe, middle bottle mufflers and fiberglass filled S-pipe vented rear resonators.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Here is a photo of a Challenger exhaust and a cut-away of a resonator (minus the fiberglas packing).
Also, here is the SRT version of the rear exhaust resonators minus fiberglass.

1,931 Posts
The OEM SRT exhaust flows more than enough for the 6.4 but it looks like it was pieced together...several places it necks down to 2.5"....crappy looking exhaust when you really look at it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts