Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock cat-back exhaust off of an automatic 2012 SRT in like new condition. I'm asking $100 for it. I'm in the Nashville area.

I've decided to go a different direction with my car and no longer need it. I can take pictures if anyone is interested.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
247 Posts
Isn't that super cheap for an exhaust system? This is my first Challenger so I'm not aware of the pricing of certain items lol.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Isn't that super cheap for an exhaust system? This is my first Challenger so I'm not aware of the pricing of certain items lol.
It's a decent price if you are in the market for a stock system. But nobody wants a stock exhaust unless your a mechanic or a bodyman repairing a wrecked car. The problem is that most of us on here replaced the stock exhaust with an aftermarket exhaust so there is a lot of stock ones lying around. I've seen people try to sell them for $50 and had no takers. I gave mine away just to get rid of it. :(

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I believe it is a good upgrade for an r/t if you plan to add srt headers and mid pipes as well. And don't want the loudness of an aftermarket system. Personally I think our cars sound good stock.

This is why I bought it, since then I've decided to just upgrade to an srt instead.

Reactions: elborikua

·
Registered
261 Posts
I believe it is a good upgrade for an r/t if you plan to add srt headers and mid pipes as well. And don't want the loudness of an aftermarket system. Personally I think our cars sound good stock.

This is why I bought it, since then I've decided to just upgrade to an srt instead.

Willing to ship?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geeze. I can't imagine how much that would cost. I see your in SC though. I drive to SC for work occasionally. Just outside of Augusta Ga in Graniteville SC. Any chance you live near there ?

Or if you have experience with freight shipping and want to set it up I could ship it.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Geeze. I can't imagine how much that would cost. I see your in SC though. I drive to SC for work occasionally. Just outside of Augusta Ga in Graniteville SC. Any chance you live near there ?

Or if you have experience with freight shipping and want to set it up I could ship it.

I'm on the coast. Closer to Savannah, GA.
Freight shipping is expensive.
But the one side of the exhaust can be cut and boxed. Shipped UPS/FedEx you can get it done for under $100. Most aren't willing to ship though.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
So stock SRT exhausts...

are catback exhausts?

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well what is for sale is the section of the exhaust from the catalytic converter back ... so yes why wouldn't it be the cat-back section of the exhaust system? Whether it is a stock system or an aftermarket system it would be the same terminology would it not?

SRT Batmobile. If you're okay with the long half being cut (I'll cut it in the same spot the flange is on the other half. And you don't mind paying the shipping. I've got a crapload of cardboard. I can make a box and ship it.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I don't know...

...much about exhausts. I read so many posts here about guys buying catbacks. I guess I thought it was something special. I like the stock sound of M6 hemi mufflers. Not sure what an SRT muffler would do for an RT. My RT sounded similar. There is a slightly different sound a WOT. Both sound good, but the SRT is a little louder. I thought this was the result of a bigger motor with higher compression pistons....but what do I know...I didn't know what a catback was.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's all good. I agree with you. I like the sound of my stock 6 spd exhaust.

I had originally planed to put the srt manifolds, mid pipes, and stock SRT catback system on my car. I was assuming that since I like the sound of my stock R/T catback, the sound of a stock SRT catback would be equally pleasing.

Since acquiring all of those parts I have decided to hold off and just trade my R/T in for an SRT next year.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Trading is great...

It's all good. I agree with you. I like the sound of my stock 6 spd exhaust.

I had originally planed to put the srt manifolds, mid pipes, and stock SRT catback system on my car. I was assuming that since I like the sound of my stock R/T catback, the sound of a stock SRT catback would be equally pleasing.

Since acquiring all of those parts I have decided to hold off and just trade my R/T in for an SRT next year.
....I did it. Everyone thought I was CRAZY, trading in a 7 month old car (all said and done...I lost less than $2K). No regrets. Loved my RT, but the SRT is everything good about an RT...but more of it.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my R/T but like you said I imagine the SRT is just all the good stuff but better!

I'm just waiting to see what they do with the 2015's before I decide what to get.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
Smart move...

I love my R/T but like you said I imagine the SRT is just all the good stuff but better!

I'm just waiting to see what they do with the 2015's before I decide what to get.
..I noticed improvements on RT's (at the dealer) when I was in the process of trading up. When I bought my RT, it was the first year of Radar Red interiors, which was huge change. The 14 RT's had SRT seats. There may be some very good reasons to wait for a 15.' But if not, a leftover 14' will probably be very cheap. Either way you win. Good luck.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Well what is for sale is the section of the exhaust from the catalytic converter back ... so yes why wouldn't it be the cat-back section of the exhaust system? Whether it is a stock system or an aftermarket system it would be the same terminology would it not?

SRT Batmobile. If you're okay with the long half being cut (I'll cut it in the same spot the flange is on the other half. And you don't mind paying the shipping. I've got a crapload of cardboard. I can make a box and ship it.
I'll have to let you know. I'd really would prefer te manual SRT exhaust. Mainly using for when I trade the vehicle in I can remove my zoomers.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
I am waiting for my Zoomers to arrive, I too will not need my stock exhaust.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts