Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, recently i seen a video where buddy pops off his push button and can insert the fob and turn over the car, think his was a 15, i have 2012 and was curious does mine do that also? Im too scared to pry it off without lil more info lol

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Check you your owner's manual but I believe the button pops out on the 2012s. 2015 with rectangular fobik does not. 2015 and up you just press the button with the nose of the fobik.

Reactions: Barrycharles

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
The purpose of that function is so you can start the car if your fobik battery fails or the keyless go circuit fails. It is a backup emergency starting system.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
194 Posts
i have to hold my push button start since new and its been 7 years and behavior remain the same. if i just push it, it will crank but wont start.
i see people just push it and the button act like a momentary switch and car would start.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
I noticed few things over time:
If fobik is in my pocket and near a cell phone, keys, etc it may not work or get "not detected" error.
Something plugged in to OBDII port like a tuner, reader, gauges, etc may interfere.
Something plugged in to the "always hot" cigar lighter/power outlet may interfere - USB charger, cell phone charger, etc.
Aftermarket electronics can interfere - halos, sequential taillights, etc
And one time I was parked at a particular place and there must have been interference as fob would not work at all to open door or start the car.
I installed a wifi camera in the garage and it affected both the openers and the fobik function. Different camera installed and no problems.

Any chance your car battery is old and getting weak? This plays havoc with the cars electronics.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
If you don't know how old the vehicle battery is, there should be a date code on it.
Also the fobik does not even need to have a battery installed in it to work when inserted in the ignition. Battery is only for the remote and keyless go functions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.