Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys/gals. I bought a challenger few days ago and ive been noticing its sometimes takes a few tries to get the car to start it fires rite up then dies, car is used but new to me has 90k on it and other than that seems to work fine. Any ideas?
2012 sxt

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
9,786 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Could also be a flaky fuel pump or relay. Also check for any cracked tubes leading into the intake.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had the battery in my fob changed today, so far im 3 solid starts in. Fingers crossed that did it, thank u for the reply, ill keep updating
Barry

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
9,439 Posts
Spark plugs are at the end of their service life, pull the 3 out that don’t require removing the intake and inspect their condition.

Check air filter, who knows the last time it was changed.

Manually put the ignition in RUN without stepping on the brake, do you hear the fuel pump energize and pressurize the fuel system for 2 seconds before going silent?

If yes, put foot in brake and start it. Does it stay running or stall?

When do these stall events happen, in the mornings on first start of the day or any time regardless of previous runtime?

Reactions: ChallyTatum

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its got an aftermarket cold air and yes the filter is def in need of cleaning
Rite now seems random, but previous owner said it becomes more common in cold. It will start fine and then shut off, but after few times will start and run fine, im still playin with all the diff scenarios to get more info. I will keep updating, dealer suggested it mite be the win module which apparently is expensive fix

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Pressing the butt of the FOB against the start button and starting it that way bypasses the WIN module. If you get to where you can make it stall on command, try that trick. If it won’t stall then, it isn’t the WIN module.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh really sweet little trick. I seen a YouTube clip where buddy showed that trick to do a start with a dead fob.. Only thing is his fob and push button are totally diff then mine, that's actually another thing im trying to figure out, apparently my push button pops off and u can insert the fob like a key...

·
Premium Member
9,439 Posts
Oh really sweet little trick. I seen a YouTube clip where buddy showed that trick to do a start with a dead fob.. Only thing is his fob and push button are totally diff then mine, that's actually another thing im trying to figure out, apparently my push button pops off and u can insert the fob like a key...
That’s odd, I thought those went away with the 2010 year models...oh well, same thing, if you can use that FOB to start the by popping off the start button, the WIN module should not be a factor. So if it stalls after doing that, the WIN shouldn’t be the culprit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well so far im about 6 starts in today and no issues, however i do notice maybe i have to hold or press the button lil harder longer than maybe i should.. Im wondering if that button is frigged

1 - 9 of 9 Posts