Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea why my USB ports will not see any thumb drives? 2012 Yellow Jacket with 730N RHR radio. Neither the port on the front of the radio or the 1 in the console will see a drive. When I insert a cable to my cell phone, the phones starts charging, so I know the port is supplying power and I see the LED on a thumb drive come when inserted, but when I go into upload files, is shows an Icon for Disc and 1 for USB, but the USB is dimmed out so it cannot be used. Any thoughts before I take it in??

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
Any idea why my USB ports will not see any thumb drives? 2012 Yellow Jacket with 730N RHR radio. Neither the port on the front of the radio or the 1 in the console will see a drive. When I insert a cable to my cell phone, the phones starts charging, so I know the port is supplying power and I see the LED on a thumb drive come when inserted, but when I go into upload files, is shows an Icon for Disc and 1 for USB, but the USB is dimmed out so it cannot be used. Any thoughts before I take it in??

not sure why, but make sure you have at least one music file on the jump drive or it will not see it
Luke

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Only works for flash drives. I had same issue with phone had to transfer to windows.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Had same problem. Old phone only recognized radio when it wanted to, got a refurbished one now does it when I change it from only to charge to disk.

In my android phone it has a PC Connection option. Charge/disk/ etc. When radio recognizes my phone I choose disk so I can upload pics/music directly from my phone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Luke......I had nothing but jpg pictures on the drive and it would not recognize it. I did copy over 1 mp3 file and retried it.....Perfect. Thanks immensely!!!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
My 430 will see an empty drive and report no files on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts