Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the appropriate topic area to place this thread. While I've been a member of CorvetteForums for 5 year now, I've been a member here less than a month and am on the starting side of the learning curve.

www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2011/01/chevrolet-camaro-z28-to-be-produced-starting-january-1-2012.html

With only 352 days to go before the Chevrolet Camaro Z28 goes into production, you still have ample time to take up chewing tobacco and get acquainted with the music of Whitesnake.
The information comes from a dealer who just attended a national dealer meeting where Chevrolet officials described the product in detail. The name “Z28″ was never officially mentioned, and the car was instead called the “HP Edition”. Equipment for the car in question includes a supercharged 6.2L V8, magnetic shock absorbers, massive tires front and rear (285 width up front and 330 in the rear) and some cosmetic alterations to the bodywork.
[Source: Camaro5]

The ponycar wars are heating up despite fuel prices and politicians trying to force the citizens of the USA to buy a bicycle or a Smart-For-Two..

Competiton is good. That Camaro sounds almost as much a street killer as GM's Flagship car, the Corvette.

Ford's injecting some serious HP into the Mustang, so I have to ask; What Dodge is going to do next? I hope that the import of Fiats don't undermine the progress that Dodge has placed in the Challenger. The Chalenger almost doesn't fit in the same catagory as the Mustang and Camaro since the Chally is larger and heavier (but that increase in size makes it easier for people my size to fit in the vehicle and be comfortable.)

So, any idea or any news anybody may have about Dodge and a possible Z-28 killer?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I like all muscle cars ...really if I could afford it I would have all 3 of them. Just prefer my challenger

·
Registered
939 Posts
The R/T needs the 6.4 or a 6.1 with VVT and the SRT8 should have the 426 in my opinion.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A car dealer in my area was advertising the Camaro "ZL560" not too long ago, but with no price. It said that it had 560 hp, 0-60 in 4 seconds and ran the 1/4 mile in 11 seconds. A week or two later it was not in the ads anymore and I haven't seen it since. I'm wondering if that was not supposed to go to print, or if they wanted people to get in line to order.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
The ZL560 is an SLP conversion.

·
Super Moderator
13,867 Posts
I hope that Dodge isn't standing pat with the 6.4. Even Ford is coming out with more big time muscle- the Boss 302. Our Challengers need a supercharger or the V-10 Viper engine to compete.

That being said, I still love my Challenger SRT (a muscle car- not a pony car) and wouldn't trade for either the Z or the 302.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I think with the V-10 going into the drag pack car it would only make since to convert that package over to a street version. That would be a serious contender.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Interesting Chevy's going with a supercharger for the Z28, whereas I think the Boss 302 is NA (don't recall for sure - I know Ford beefed up the drive line a bit and some other components). Still, a factory made 426 Challenger would be pretty awesome. I don't think anything from the factory has sported that kind of displacement since 1970.

·
Registered
132 Posts
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE CHEBBIES !!!!!!! :disgust:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Damn, those tires are larger than my 97 Viper! That only had 275s on the front and 335s on the rear from the factory.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is it me or did they make the z28 even more ugly than it is now.? Whats up with that cluster fok front nose. The rear was screwed up - now the nose too?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts